Options

Wireless Connectivity Problem

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I am trying to setup a friends wireless network in his home. He has a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop running Vista with a Dlink DIR-615 Rev C Wireless N router. I also have the same setup at my house, so I copied the settings from my router to his. I have the security configured with WPA. Now, I never had a problem with my setup, but he can connect to the router, it prompts him for the security phrase, accepts the entered value and says it connected succsefully. When we still couldnt get acess to the internet I looked the WLAN card and it said it was connected with limited access and it cannot identify the network. I tried resetting the router, modem and PC so many times. I can tell you that he was able to connect to the internet wirelessly when he set it up with the CD and no security. He can also get online via LAN connection. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    can you ping the router?
    is the pc on the same network as the router?
    take off the security and see if it connects - maybe it is mismatched?
    since you copied the settings from your router, maybe it is trying to use your modem's IP?