Options

Passed CCNA 640-802 on first try

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took the CCNA 640-802 exam on Friday and passed. 888/1000. 825 was the minimum passing score.

Let me tell you guys. I finished my A+ certification back on June 1, so I had from June 1 through before school begins to get this CCNA done because I am moving onto stuyding for CCNP this fall. I took the composit exam becaue I needed to get this done. If any of you are not on that short on time, take the exam in 2! This is a very difficult exam. You are really put up against the clock.

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats on the pass. icon_cheers.gif

Do you have any real experience? If not, then the CCNP is more than you need right now. You won't even get a look at a NP job until you have experience.
  • Options
    typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a pretty fast pace. I did ICND1 last fall, and I'm still working on ICND2 icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass. How long did you study total for the exam? What resources did you use to prepare?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am not going to say it took me just 2 1/2 months to study. I did take all 4 semesters from 2004-2006 as a Netacad student. Even back then I used Testout and CBT Nuggets to supplement. This time around I used:
    CBT Nuggets
    Testout
    Todd Lammle's Sybex book.

I was also a pretty good student in Cisco. If I didn't retake the tests, I probably averaged around 88% on the first try which is what I got on the actual test. Cisco exams are tough whether you're dealing with chapter tests or this certificatoin.

I have no real word experience. I don't think I'll be getting any until the summer of next year when I do my internship. I need to finish school first.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I was just curious. That is definitely a long time to go from 2004 - 2006 with no studying, then get back in and pass within 2 - 1/2 months. Congrats on the pass though. Good luck with the internship.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    skwira001 wrote: »
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    Grats on the pass.

CCNP is intense for studies. I started on the BCMSN track, but quickly found the 3550's were slightly out of my grasp. Not even sure what I'd need for the wireless parts. I'd start with the BSCI. I swapped to BSCI because I can do a good bit of it on dynamips and it's more scalable than trying the real life equivalent.
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info