Options

Server 2003 Terminal Server VS Trend Micro

bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
Hello,

Well recently we upgraded our AV software Trend 3 to Trend 6 Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Advanced. This has played hell with my TS Server farm. Load times up to 25 mins for a single logon.

I turned on Verbose logging to see where its hanging - it sits at 'loading personal settings'. Then flies through everything else.

So I downgraded to Trend Micro 5, no joy. Guss I could go back to 3.

I have turned off behavioral monitoring, firewall, web reputation etc.. Leaving only real time scanning enabled. I changed the scan settings to write only.

So I disabled AV on one of my Terminal Servers, the logon flies through. Leaving the Antivirus software on the file server where the roaming profile is loaded from has no effect on this situation.

Has anyone had this kind of situation? Please any suggestions.
"You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"

Comments

• Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok, this may sound bad.... but have you consdered Office Scan instead?

Also, how did you install trend, and did you customize the utilization and what gets scanned?
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    Ok, this may sound bad.... but have you consdered Office Scan instead?

Also, how did you install trend, and did you customize the utilization and what gets scanned?

Thanks for your reply, we were trying to be proactive and add another layer of security. Looks like this bit me in the a$$.

We are using the Intelliscan feature with convential scanning.

I have downloaded the Office Scan and will give it a trial run.

Thanks
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you looked at the userenv logs? Those are good for troubleshooting problems when things hang at, "loading personal settings."

Interpreting Userenv log files: Group Policy