Options

New Job

As some of you guys might remember, I recently got a job where I was misrepresented with a salary figure, well I decided to drop the company after 1 month, and went on to accept an offer for a huge Port Terminal operation in the U.S. I'm officially a network engineer with the salary that I want, the company will be training us on every aspect of terminal network infrastructure operations, such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, and wireless infratructure.

My secondary responsibility will still include Microsoft technology such as, email, servers, management products, I am leaning towards re-inforcing my knowledge, with networking including security.

Just want to update everyone on my status, I am glad that I left my old company after not honoring the salary they offered.

Just for the curious mind I am making a base salary of 86K after the bonus.

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As some of you guys might remember, I recently got a job where I was misrepresented with a salary figure, well I decided to drop the company after 1 month, and went on to accept an offer for a huge Port Terminal operation in the U.S. I'm officially a network engineer with the salary that I want, the company will be training us on every aspect of terminal network infrastructure operations, such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, and wireless infratructure.

My secondary responsibility will still include Microsoft technology such as, email, servers, management products, I am leaning towards re-inforcing my knowledge, with networking including security.

Just want to update everyone on my status, I am glad that I left my old company after not honoring the salary they offered.

Just for the curious mind I am making a base salary of 86K after the bonus.

Congrats! Sounds like a sweet gig, I hope to be in your shoes within the next few years. How long have you been doing actual networking work?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Freaking good salary... don't complaint and get to work... )
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that's really great, glad things worked out for you.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah nice gig man - where do I sign up? lol.