Options

IE Voice - Lab Workbooks?

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Any preferred lab books for IE Voice? I'd like to start engaging in some deeper labs while finishing up the CCVP. My thought is it'll be a primer for future IE studies, while solidifying some of the VP topics as I'm testing. Thoughts?
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For $20 you have nothing to lose (other than $20 :D) getting the IE Mentor CCIE Voice Workbook from eBay.

I also like the CCBootcamp Voice Technology Workbook, but it's a tad more expensive ($200).

The IE Mentor has a full lab at the end. The first volume of the CCBootcamp Lab Workbook V3 is available and has the 5 full labs.

IPExpert should have their "full meal deal" with "upgrade insurance" if you wanted to grab a "complete CCIE Voice study solution" now. As long as they stay in business you should be covered in case of more future Lab changes.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Excellent! I actually have everything in the CCBOOTCAMP’s recommended lab list except for the 3750 and Unity Connection which I’m not too concerned with right now. Any reason to pick one over the other (IPExpert vs CCBOOTCAMP)?

Has anyone here tried that IEMentor package?
  • Options
    I went ahead and ordered the CCBootcamp Voice Technology Workbook. Rather than continually setting up and tearing down CCVP labs, I think it’ll only be beneficial to stick with a set topology the rest of the way. Primary focus is Call Manager but I went ahead and created the CUPS, CUC, and CUCCX VMs for fun. :)
  • Options
    Quick update – the CCBootcamp Voice Technology Workbook is fantastic. Very well written, and broken up rather nicely into smaller, less daunting tasks. It’s a nice compliment to CCVP studies. I’ll definitely be picking up their Advanced Lab Guide down the road. Thanks for the recommendation!