Options

When to take test?

krazymofo24krazymofo24 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I started studying my CCNA last fall at a community college. They offer 4 classes, and want you take a class per semester. The material is mainly from the Cisco Academy. I have completed 3 of the 4, I have read the 4th book in the Spring. I stopped studying for about 3 months which I regret doing. However I began my studying again 3 weeks ago. I finished Odom's ICND1, and CBT nuggets ICND1. I have been planning on going to the test route. I feel I should be ready to take the first test sometime next week. I just need to go over practice questions. However I signed up for CCNA 4 which starts Tuesday, it's a 2-month class. If I pass the final test in this class on the first try I will get a voucher to take the CCNA exam, I am not sure if I can use it for ICND2.

I am also taking an A+ and Microsoft XP class for the MCSE which is 2 months long the A+ is 4 months.

Should I go ahead take ICND1 and pay the $125 a bit tight on money right now or should I just start going over ICND 2, finish the class and take one CCNA exam with the voucher?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're getting the voucher without paying anything extra, I'd just wait and give the full-blown exam a shot. I'd think that with all that class time, you'd be in pretty good shape to go the single test route.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If the voucher covers the combo CCNA exam then I'd wait. They increased the prices last year so you'd be saving $250.
  • Options
    krazymofo24krazymofo24 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks according to the site I can get a voucher to either take the two exam route or the one exam.
  • Options
    skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The best way is to go for the 2 test method, but since you have already started the 3rd semester, you might want to go for the one test method. I'd recommend seeing if there is a capstone CCNA class. If there isn't, you should definitely invest in a study guide book. Sybex.com sells a great study guide book by Todd Lammle. During your semester break, you should be able to read that book, do the questions and labs, and take the test.
  • Options
    nutech444nutech444 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the two exam path but in your case suggest the one exam path. If I had to do over I would take the one exam path.