Options

293 up to date?

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just wondering if this exam has relative content. Not so concerned about SUS versions and SPs; more about if I need to know about NT support and NTLM stuff.

My current study material goes through what works with XP etc and allowances required for 95/98/NT.

For those who have done this exam, has it been updated like 291?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might still get some interoperability questions. I'd error on the side of caution and learn that information as well. 293 did seem to be in the same vein as 291 though, FWIW.
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sat the exam last weekend. It did contain a few questions with NT and 2000 related content, but only a few. Most of the questions were Server 2003 and XP related. I do remember one about UNIX and BIND as well. There's no telling what will get tossed at you so I would know as much material as possible. Good luck!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sat the exam last weekend. It did contain a few questions with NT and 2000 related content, but only a few. Most of the questions were Server 2003 and XP related. I do remember one about UNIX and BIND as well. There's no telling what will get tossed at you so I would know as much material as possible. Good luck!

I hate it when they throw in UNIX questions. If I wanted to learn UNIX I'd do a UNIX exam.

Thanks for the info. I sat 291 a month ago and it pretended nothing before XP/2003 existed. Same with the Exch03 exam I sat in May. A nice surprise.