MCDST > MCITP:EST > What in Win 7?

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
Does anyone know if there is an upgrade path for the DST/EST to Windows 7? I see on the MS learning page there is an exam for Win 7...but I dont see that there is an upgrade exam for the DST/EST - kind of like we could do 70-621 if we had done 70-271 & 70-272.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They mention the option to upgrade (as well as list the various other desktop-level MCITPs) here: Microsoft and HDI Announce New Windows 7 Desktop Support Certification | born to learn

It's probably still in development.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brad- wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is an upgrade path for the DST/EST to Windows 7? I see on the MS learning page there is an exam for Win 7...but I dont see that there is an upgrade exam for the DST/EST - kind of like we could do 70-621 if we had done 70-271 & 70-272.

the 70-682 is the MCDST - W7 upgrade, exactly as the 621 exam was for Vista. Saves us from doing the 680 + 685 exam.. now where's that diagram?
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Piers wrote: »
    the 70-682 is the MCDST - W7 upgrade, exactly as the 621 exam was for Vista. Saves us from doing the 680 + 685 exam.. now where's that diagram?

found it, 8 threads below this one
    Piers wrote: »
    The upgrade exam from MCDST is 70-682

680 + 685 will be the equivalent of 682

70-680, TS: Windows 7, Configuring—available now
    70-685, MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician—in development
    70-686, MCITP: Windows 7, Desktop Administrator—no indication of a date

(ignore the HDI component for the time being)
    Both%20Charts.jpg

And here's the answer to my question on borntolearn about when the 682 would be available (and if there was a beta version to get for free icon_redface.gif)
    Quote:
    70-682 is an upgrade exam so it is created from parts of the exam track. Because the content will have already gone through beta by that point, there isn’t a psychometric need to beta upgrade exams.

Once we’ve finished with 685 and determine which bits are used in 682 we can get the prep guide posted. Generally upgrade exams come out roughly 90 days after their component exams have been published.
    Posted by: J. Seymour [Certification Manager, Microsoft Learning] |
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    OMG WTF they want us to do an HDI test also? I dont even know what that is...but I'm going to go ahead and pencil myself in for NOT upgrading my DST/EST.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    brad- wrote: »
    OMG WTF they want us to do an HDI test also? I dont even know what that is...but I'm going to go ahead and pencil myself in for NOT upgrading my DST/EST.

This was sort of discussed here a little while ago: http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/44877-mcitp-enterprise-desktop-support-technician-7-a.html

Just curious, but would you even bother anyway? I figured you'd be going after something more advanced.