Thank you! Passed ICND1 today!

SilverSkyeSilverSkye Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone on this forum who has contributed to the bits of information and helpful study tips here!! I've been lurking in the shadows of the forum just reading and taking in information and study tips and sending the occasional PM (big thanks to Mike, too,) and the information found here helped me a great deal in preparing for my exam.

I finally got brave enough to take the ICND1 today, and killed it, so I now have a CCENT to add to my collection. Now it's time to crack down for ICND2, and hopefully beyond.

Thank you guys and gals! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SilverSkye wrote: »

Wow, that could totally be taken out of context icon_lol.gif

Congrats on the pass, and welcome to the forums!
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, man! :) I'm working up the bravery to tackle it as well. :)
  • SilverSkyeSilverSkye Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wow, that could totally be taken out of context icon_lol.gif

Haha! Well, I don't need to look at the out-of-context rack, I get to see those when I look in the mirror, haha! (Yes it's true, there are indeed networking-obsessed women out there, too, haha!)
    dynamik wrote:
    Exotic Dancer

Are you dancing with my packets??? icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the welcome and the congrats guys! Hopefully I can find somewhere to contribute, as you guys have been a big help.

Good luck on your exam PC509!!!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Haha! Well, I don't need to look at the out-of-context rack, I get to see those when I look in the mirror, haha! (Yes it's true, there are indeed networking-obsessed women out there, too, haha!)

I'm very well aware; I do my best to keep track of them. However, you might have been better off keeping that to yourself. You've now be added to the list ;)
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

And welcome to the sunny side of the forums! :D
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    and hopefully beyond.

Trust me IT certifications are like drugs! Your gonna get hooked! Sooo much to learn, so little time... Congrats on your CCENT buddy!!!
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Congratulations!

Do you have your own lab? Did you use the Cisco Press ICND 1 book or the todd Lammle book?

Just out of curiousity icon_wink.gif
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

That was the "easy one" -- so after the obligatory celebration drunken_smilie.gif it's back to the books icon_study.gif and Lab for ICND2!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, i hope i can say the same in the next couple of weeks
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass :)
  • ChilenoChileno Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    Wish list:

CCNA Security, CCSP
  • SilverSkyeSilverSkye Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    human151 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Do you have your own lab? Did you use the Cisco Press ICND 1 book or the todd Lammle book?

Just out of curiousity icon_wink.gif

Yes and yes... I have a home lab and I used Odom & Lammle's books, practice exams, and I also took classes over a year ago, before I got a bit sidetracked. I also used the resources available on the Cisco Learning Network site.

I actually scored higher on the actual exam than what I was scoring on the practice exams, but the overall percentage-per-topic on the practice exams pretty much reflected what I got on the actual exam. The areas I scored lower on in the practice tests are the areas I scored lower on for the exam, so I know what I need to focus on before I try for the ICND2 now.

Good luck to all of you who haven't taken the exam yet!! Study every resource you can find and make sure you understand the topics completely and you'll be sure to pass! icon_thumright.gif