owa and ssl confusion

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
I need to set up owa using an ssl cert, now the confusion lies with the common name, our users at the moment are using www.owa.billybob01.co.uk/exchange/username to access their emails outside of work, so if i want to create an ssl cert do i use the www.owa.billybob01.co.uk for the common name or www.billybob01.co.uk, leaving out the owa? I think it`s the later but i am not sure.

Comments

• billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Sorted! It was the later!!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Really? I was expecting it to be the former... icon_scratch.gif
    Cough, Cough, yes i meant the former, lol, unfortunately it`s not working though, but i am close, when i test the rule on isa 2006 the test passes but when i view the web site i can see the lock icon but no form, just an error saying , Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202). I have looked on the isa rule and have noticed an error message on the listener saying "The selected web listener is not configured with certificates matching one or more of the public names defined in this rule. Users may receive a warning when attempting to connect to a server published by this rule". What does this mean? I have followed the walkthrough from the ISA 2006 Unleashed book, i feel i am so near yet so far!!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Look at this article:
    Publishing Exchange 2007 OWA with ISA Server 2006

it migth help you. I would recreate th wbe listener from scratch, just to be sure.

But my bet is that you nee these settings:
    Change “Requests appears to come from the original Client” in the “To” Tab
    Enable “Require 128 Bit encryption for HTTPS Traffic” in the “Traffic” Tab
    Found out the problem was that i had another name in the Public Name field that was not the same as the one on the certificate, removed this and now i can see the form web page, BUT, i cant login!!! I use the Domain\Username with my password and nothing happens!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    How is your exchange server authentication configured? And are we talking 2003, 2007, 2010?
    i am using exchange 2003 and isa 2006, users are able to connect using OWA without FBA, but whenever i test the connection using FBA i am unable to login, i use my credentials but nothing happens, i have read an article regarding enabling CRL in the firewall policy but that has not resolved the issue.