Options

Online gaming

2»

Comments

• Options
    fleckfleck Banned Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The first online game to hook me was the original Team Fortress on QuakeWorld. I played that game a lot. Then when TFC came out on Half Life I played that quite a bit also. So needless to say I am a big Team Fortress fan, but I also played a little Quake 2 & 3 and Diablo as well as the original GTA with my friends in school and at LAN parties.

Fast forward to TF2 and I'm there buying the Orange Box on release day. I played TF2 for a couple of weeks before buying COD4 when it came out, and I only played TF2 again maybe once. I recently stopped playing COD4 in favor of writing screenplays and now training for my certs. I am PUMPED for Modern Warfare 2 though, it'll be the only other thing besides studying that I'll be doing every day for the next year.
  • Options
    lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yer imho tf2 sucked cod 4 was good and modern warefare 2 looks sweeeet lol orange box was sweet for portal tho <3 that game played it too death trying to complete the game start to finish in the quickest time not just to the end of the testchambers
  • Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I've been playing Champions Online.. it rocks! the combat is fun and fast paced - I'm only level 16 at the moment, and so far I only have one spell I have to be standing still to use while it casts. You get a travel power by the time you complete the tutorial so you're not spending a huge chunk of your time walking/running to anywhere in the city.

There are still some minor bugs and improvements need to be made - there is no way to send other characters any items, currency and everyone on your friends list sometimes disappears but when you try to re-add them, it tells you that you are already friends with that person.

An added bit of fun is if you have the xbox pc controller, you can use that to fight along with your keyboard/mouse for any chat related stuff or changing options. Seriously, I was sort of skeptical about the game prior to release (my boyfriend was in the beta test & another friend was trying to hype it up to me nonstop) so I just ignored all news about it so I'd go in with a fresh perspective of the game - I've had so much fun playing. The customisation is neat too, my character is ice based and you can even change the color of your powers - in my case I changed it to red.

I know Cryptic developed the game and (they were part of City of Heroes with NCSoft) - its great that they seemed to have improved on the experience that City of Heroes was, its still not completely polished - it'll iron out the kinks eventually - can't expect a new game to be completely perfect.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Mostly been playing Half-Life 2 Synergy Mod.... Sadly, I haven't really had the time to devote to an RPG lately.
  • Options
    lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone played league of legends yet?? i got a beta key idk whether to use it or not lol it looks half decent and a couple of ppl i know from gw are playing it.