CME call forward external problems

VP experts. Quick question. Got a friend who has CME installed on a router. If he sets his extension...say 7404 to forward all to an external number 9 xxx xxxx it sets. If you call from internal to internal via 4 digits it goes great to the external cell phone. But, if you call from external to his extension xxx-7404, you get a fast busy? I have never worked in CME before, but am pretty well versed in the full blown call manager. Do you guys have any ideas? Is the translation wrong somewhere. They have to dial 9 to get out from inside.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There is more than 1 trunk to the PSTN correct? PRI or POTS? Not sure if this is a production or lab environment. Can you post the config?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    We actually have 3 pri's and an entire 8XXX block of numbers coming in on one of them. The pri's terminate into a 2811 which connects to our CM through the LAN. We break of 84xx and hand off to another group using translation patterns to a separate gateway (their 2811 I think running CME). I cannot post their config because of security reasons. Sorry. hope this is not too vague.
    Is there any portion of the config you would be particularly interested in?
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would start by debugging the VoIP call leg. Most of our CME boxes terminate their own PRIs – So I typically use “debug isdn q931” to see exactly what is going – which probably won’t help much here. Check this out:

Troubleshooting and Debugging VoIP Call Basics [Gateway Protocols] - Cisco Systems
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    ya, I used debug isdn q931 all the time to troubleshoot call problems (well not all the time, but when att is porting over numbers, etc...). They will go out through our pri's, so I will probably run that on our end. I am thinking that they are passing numbers back out not acceptable by the carrier. I am going to look into it more on monday. Problem being is that I am just helping these guys out, and dont have access to their system unless they set up a time....to bad for them, cause it is driving me crazy, I probably would of had it knocked out by now. Thanks Pit, Ill keep you posted.