CCENT Voucher Suggestions?

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Posts: 254Users Awaiting Email Confirmation ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone--

I'm ready to purchase a voucher to take the CCENT and I have read on this site you can get a deal towards the end of the month?

Does anyone know of any sites that I could check to purchase mine today?

Thanks!
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

  • thomAZthomAZ Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    Hey Everyone--

    I'm ready to purchase a voucher to take the CCENT and I have read on this site you can get a deal towards the end of the month?

    Does anyone know of any sites that I could check to purchase mine today?

    Thanks!

    I'm also bout to purchase mine and the site that I am getting from is http://www.getcertified4less.com
    Last time I checked the 640-822 was $85.00 but you have to take it by 18 Sep.
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

    Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology
  • drew2000drew2000 Posts: 290Member
    I wish I had done this, I coughed up $125 for my voucher from Vue. I have also heard you can get vouchers on eBay.

    Drew
  • hooklowhooklow Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    $85 each $120 for two, can't go wrong with that, you get two for less than price of one,
    good luck
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Posts: 254Users Awaiting Email Confirmation ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies...

    I was going to book this and got curious about a couple of things....

    When / If I purchase a voucher on the net, I suppose at the time of purchase I will be issued a "voucher number" to be used on the Pearson VUE site during the exam registration?

    I have a specific date in mind at this point in which the voucher would be eligible for, so I just wanted to do a double check. I don't want to have to wait on "snail mail".

    Can I purchase said "discount voucher" and have a voucher number to "apply voucher" when I schedule the exam on the VUE website?


    CCENT is needs to get behind me already!
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

    Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • kalebkspkalebksp Posts: 1,033Member
    They will email you a voucher code. The say it can take up to one business day, but it's generally taken an hour or two for me.
    Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
    -Ayn Rand

    vCabbage
  • thomAZthomAZ Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies...

    I was going to book this and got curious about a couple of things....

    When / If I purchase a voucher on the net, I suppose at the time of purchase I will be issued a "voucher number" to be used on the Pearson VUE site during the exam registration?

    I have a specific date in mind at this point in which the voucher would be eligible for, so I just wanted to do a double check. I don't want to have to wait on "snail mail".

    Can I purchase said "discount voucher" and have a voucher number to "apply voucher" when I schedule the exam on the VUE website?


    CCENT is needs to get behind me already!

    I haven't used them yet but I have heard great things about this site. This is what I found as far as how the process works for recieving your voucher:
    Description:
    When you buy our Cisco Vouchers for Pearson VUE, you will receive the following via email or at Voucher Online within a few minutes to a maximum of one business day. This Cisco test voucher is for Cisco exam 640-816 or 640-822 of $125 retail value. Good at ANY Pearson VUE testing center throughout the USA and Canada only.

    Cisco ICND Test Voucher for Cisco VUE exam 640-822 OR 640-816 of Retail $125 value in USA/Canada for Guaranteed Discount Prices.

    I have a buddy who uses them for all of his tests and he hasn't had any issues.
    Good Luck!
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

    Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Posts: 254Users Awaiting Email Confirmation ■■■□□□□□□□
    just purchased my voucher, waiting on email to book exam!

    tingly sensation is going thru me, as I start to count the days now!

    I'm under the gun now--money is involved! which day ... hrmmm .... 15th or 16th ? decisions decisions!
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

    Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • thomAZthomAZ Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    I really need to take the exam as well. I think I am ready but I guess you never really feel like your ready, at least I never do with any test I take. What materials did you use to help prepare for the test?
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

    Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Posts: 254Users Awaiting Email Confirmation ■■■□□□□□□□
    thomAZ wrote: »
    Good Luck!

    I really need to take the exam as well. I think I am ready but I guess you never really feel like your ready, at least I never do with any test I take. What materials did you use to help prepare for the test?

    At this point, I have only used the Cisco Press material (currently). I took all 4 semesters of the CCNA Academy back in 2001, while getting my AAS in Computer Engineering Technology, and recently obtained the Network+ on self study. Also I purchased a router 2620 and 29xx switch to play with practice configuration, but coincidentally found Packet Tracer and twerked with that too!

    I just finished (all 18 chapters) the Cisco Press ICND1 material and currently going through the DIKTA sections, while reviewing all the "key topics" and "key terms". While reviewing this material I am also creating my own "Memory Tables" (equals all the key topics), along with studying the hell out of the actual "Memory Tables"...

    As for Subnetting: I'm planning on dedicating more and more attention to this subject, closer towards the exam date... as I feel comfortable with that skill

    I'm scheduling for the 15th or 16th ... icon_study.gif
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

    Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • jmc012jmc012 Posts: 134Member
    hooklow wrote: »
    $85 each $120 for two, can't go wrong with that, you get two for less than price of one,
    good luck

    I went ahead and bought the 2 for 1 in case I don't pass the ICND2 the first go around. I'm wondering if I can give the 2nd one away if the the first time goes as planned? With any luck I will have one to give away in week or so, I really don't want to have to use it. icon_smile.gif
  • thomAZthomAZ Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    jmc012 wrote: »
    I went ahead and bought the 2 for 1 in case I don't pass the ICND2 the first go around. I'm wondering if I can give the 2nd one away if the the first time goes as planned? With any luck I will have one to give away in week or so, I really don't want to have to use it. icon_smile.gif

    Good Luck! I have also thought about getting two vouchers and either using on the ICND1 if I fail or if I pass using it on ICND2.
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

    Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Posts: 254Users Awaiting Email Confirmation ■■■□□□□□□□
    Booked 9/16 :::HIGH NOON:::bowing.gif
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

    Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
Sign In or Register to comment.