CCENT Voucher Suggestions?

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone--

I'm ready to purchase a voucher to take the CCENT and I have read on this site you can get a deal towards the end of the month?

Does anyone know of any sites that I could check to purchase mine today?

Thanks!
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• thomAZthomAZ Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    Hey Everyone--

I'm ready to purchase a voucher to take the CCENT and I have read on this site you can get a deal towards the end of the month?

Does anyone know of any sites that I could check to purchase mine today?

Thanks!

I'm also bout to purchase mine and the site that I am getting from is http://www.getcertified4less.com
    Last time I checked the 640-822 was $85.00 but you have to take it by 18 Sep.
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology
  • drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    I wish I had done this, I coughed up $125 for my voucher from Vue. I have also heard you can get vouchers on eBay.

Drew
  • hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    $85 each $120 for two, can't go wrong with that, you get two for less than price of one,
    good luck
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies...

I was going to book this and got curious about a couple of things....

When / If I purchase a voucher on the net, I suppose at the time of purchase I will be issued a "voucher number" to be used on the Pearson VUE site during the exam registration?

I have a specific date in mind at this point in which the voucher would be eligible for, so I just wanted to do a double check. I don't want to have to wait on "snail mail".

Can I purchase said "discount voucher" and have a voucher number to "apply voucher" when I schedule the exam on the VUE website?

CCENT is needs to get behind me already!
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They will email you a voucher code. The say it can take up to one business day, but it's generally taken an hour or two for me.
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies...

I was going to book this and got curious about a couple of things....

When / If I purchase a voucher on the net, I suppose at the time of purchase I will be issued a "voucher number" to be used on the Pearson VUE site during the exam registration?

I have a specific date in mind at this point in which the voucher would be eligible for, so I just wanted to do a double check. I don't want to have to wait on "snail mail".

Can I purchase said "discount voucher" and have a voucher number to "apply voucher" when I schedule the exam on the VUE website?

CCENT is needs to get behind me already!

I haven't used them yet but I have heard great things about this site. This is what I found as far as how the process works for recieving your voucher:
    Description:
    When you buy our Cisco Vouchers for Pearson VUE, you will receive the following via email or at Voucher Online within a few minutes to a maximum of one business day. This Cisco test voucher is for Cisco exam 640-816 or 640-822 of $125 retail value. Good at ANY Pearson VUE testing center throughout the USA and Canada only.

Cisco ICND Test Voucher for Cisco VUE exam 640-822 OR 640-816 of Retail $125 value in USA/Canada for Guaranteed Discount Prices.

I have a buddy who uses them for all of his tests and he hasn't had any issues.
    Good Luck!

• fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just purchased my voucher, waiting on email to book exam!

tingly sensation is going thru me, as I start to count the days now!

I'm under the gun now--money is involved! which day ... hrmmm .... 15th or 16th ? decisions decisions!
    WIP:

Future Certs:
    Good Luck!
    I really need to take the exam as well. I think I am ready but I guess you never really feel like your ready, at least I never do with any test I take. What materials did you use to help prepare for the test?

thomAZ wrote: »
    Good Luck!

I really need to take the exam as well. I think I am ready but I guess you never really feel like your ready, at least I never do with any test I take. What materials did you use to help prepare for the test?

At this point, I have only used the Cisco Press material (currently). I took all 4 semesters of the CCNA Academy back in 2001, while getting my AAS in Computer Engineering Technology, and recently obtained the Network+ on self study. Also I purchased a router 2620 and 29xx switch to play with practice configuration, but coincidentally found Packet Tracer and twerked with that too!

I just finished (all 18 chapters) the Cisco Press ICND1 material and currently going through the DIKTA sections, while reviewing all the "key topics" and "key terms". While reviewing this material I am also creating my own "Memory Tables" (equals all the key topics), along with studying the hell out of the actual "Memory Tables"...

As for Subnetting: I'm planning on dedicating more and more attention to this subject, closer towards the exam date... as I feel comfortable with that skill

I'm scheduling for the 15th or 16th ... icon_study.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    hooklow wrote: »
    $85 each $120 for two, can't go wrong with that, you get two for less than price of one,
    good luck

I went ahead and bought the 2 for 1 in case I don't pass the ICND2 the first go around. I'm wondering if I can give the 2nd one away if the the first time goes as planned? With any luck I will have one to give away in week or so, I really don't want to have to use it. icon_smile.gif
    jmc012 wrote: »
    I went ahead and bought the 2 for 1 in case I don't pass the ICND2 the first go around. I'm wondering if I can give the 2nd one away if the the first time goes as planned? With any luck I will have one to give away in week or so, I really don't want to have to use it. icon_smile.gif

Good Luck! I have also thought about getting two vouchers and either using on the ICND1 if I fail or if I pass using it on ICND2.

Booked 9/16 :::HIGH NOON:::bowing.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs: