Options

Another "Another 'New Job!'" Thread!

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
Well I've got some phenomenal news. I was going to save it for my ten-thousandth post in order to appease some of my stalkers. However, someone called my heterosexuality into question and told me to just post it already.

I've accepted a position as a Traveling Security Engineer for a well-respected security consulting company in Baton Rouge. I recently received confirmation that I passed the background check and am officially in. Pentesting and social engineering will be some of my primary responsibilities. This is in all honesty my dream job, and I'm absolutely ecstatic. The only downside is that tonight might be a bit rough drunken_smilie.gif

This all came about because I invited Paul Boz (who is employed there) to get together while he was in town. Therefore, I believe the moral of the story is that you should never pass up the opportunity to take out a crazy Southerner for drinks! icon_lol.gif

P.S. Thanks for the motivation for the thread title ;)

Comments

• Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is great news!! now go make sure you have Kevin Mitnik on speed dial and a copy of his book on your person at ALL TIMES.

Have fun in the deep south enjoy the heat, aligators and all the Gumbo you can shake a stick at... Oh and hurricanes :P
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Nothing like getting your dream job!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nice man. You deserve it! Sounds like an amazing job.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Congrats! We'll have to meet up for a beer when I come down for LSU games.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sweet man I can't wait to haze you with nerf darts and ****.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Yea, I saw the going green prank. If the CEO isn't safe, I'm definitely not too keen on being the FNG. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    seriously It couldn't have happened to a more well deserving person. Congrats!!! And Paul, I expect to see some more youtube videos of his "innaguration" :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yea, I saw the going green prank. If the CEO isn't safe, I'm definitely not too keen on being the FNG. icon_lol.gif

Oh you heard about that?

For those not in the know, we sodded our CEO's office from wall to wall with grass. We also painted his walls to look like a cloudy day and put a bunny rabbit in his office. We take pranks seriously here.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    Yea, I started stalking all of you. Jim linked to the YouTube clip on Twitter.
  • Options
    inc0mpleteinc0mplete Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dynamik! I'm excited for you! I hope to accomplish the same goal as you have!
    Security+ -> Studying.
    CCNA-> Studying - GNS3 and building up equipment slowly for CCNP.:lol:
    MCSE 70-290 -> On Hold.

Exploit Bank: 0
    InProgress: 1
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dude, Congrats!...It´s awesome to see fellow forum members have success!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm definitely not too keen on being the FNG. icon_lol.gif
    Someone has to do the dumpster diving -- just make sure it really is for a customer icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome news!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! That's GREAT news! Sounds like a great opportunity, I only have to question how you managed to pass the background check :D
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    I've accepted a position as a Traveling Security Engineer for a well-respected security consulting company in Baton Rouge. I recently received confirmation that I passed the background check and am officially in. Pentesting and social engineering will be some of my primary responsibilities. This is in all honesty my dream job, and I'm absolutely ecstatic. The only downside is that tonight might be a bit rough drunken_smilie.gif

This all came about because I invited Paul Boz (who is employed there) to get together while he was in town. Therefore, I believe the moral of the story is that you should never pass up the opportunity to take out a crazy Southerner for drinks! icon_lol.gif

P.S. Thanks for the motivation for the thread title ;)

So now that you socially engineered Paul Boz in to the job, who's the next victim?
  • Options
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    So now that you socially engineered Paul Boz in to the job, who's the next victim?

Oh that reminds me, your mom says, "Hi!" icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Awesome news on your new job! Totally jealous! One day I'll be a pen tester but until then.....I'll just have to envy you bowing.gif
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    I actually saw the job post on monster. Congrats bro! I too hope to get on the security track one day. GL!
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    hypnotoad wrote: »

No one out social engineers the master. I'm wearing the shirt from my pest inspector uniform right now ;)
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    ats3ats3 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job!
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Awesome! Congrats Dynamik, sounds like a sweet gig!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    Solaris_UNIXSolaris_UNIX Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dynamik! I'm glad all your hard work has paid off. I've been reading some of your old threads and I have to give you props for your awesome Microsoft admin skills bowing.gif

ps -e -o pid | xargs -t -n1 pfiles | grep "port: $PORT"

dtrace -n 'syscall::write:entry { @num[zonename] = count(); }'

http://get.a.clue.de/Fun/advsh.html

http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/462/
  • Options
    I've been reading some of your old threads and I have to give you props for your awesome Microsoft admin skills bowing.gif

Hey thanks! That means a lot coming from someone as biased as you icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats man - I know you've been working hard to get to where you're at, and this is truly a well-deserved step up for you. Good luck with the move and the transition and with the pranks which are sure to come...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Congratulations!!! icon_cheers.gif

Now we can do the dance of joy!!
    Focused and Steady.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz Dynamik, that sounds like an absolute blast. Please keep us up to date on your future adventures! :D
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Wow, I just noticed this. Congrats man!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Big congratz dude!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.