Dynamiks 'famous' post...

PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
So boys and girls, where do we think our helpful Dynamik will place his milestone post?

Will he be replying in his helpful way?

OR will he start his own thread for that famous post?

We love Dynamik bowing.gif

;)
icon_razz.gif
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    So boys and girls, were do we think our helpful Dynamik will place his milestone post?

OR will he start his own thread for that famous post?

We love Dynamik bowing.gif

;)
    icon_razz.gif

last forum i was on, some guy wrote a whole freaking novel about it..

I say he just says 'congrats' to someone passing an exam :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It'll be a "+1"
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□

Huh? Helpful spam??? icon_razz.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hm, I already spilled the big news due to peer pressure. I'll see what I can do...
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I imagine it will be him starting a thread asking about the latest brain ****.

:P
    Who care's about post 10k, I'm looking forward to the array of posts describing how crazy the southern boys are icon_razz.gif
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is a bizarre thread.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do people seriously care about post count? LOL...
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    royal wrote: »
    Do people seriously care about post count? LOL...

ah, no icon_rolleyes.gif

And if you haven't followed dynamik's posts (or stalked him like some ;) ), you'd see it's not about his post count, but more a friendly tribute to a friend of many of us who gives so generously of his time. He typically ADDS value not merely posts to raise the count.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ah, no icon_rolleyes.gif

And if you haven't followed dynamik's posts (or stalked him like some ;) ), you'd see it's not about his post count, but more a friendly tribute to a friend of many of us who gives so generously of his time. He typically ADDS value not merely posts to raise the count.

Oh, I know. I'm just messing. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I'd quit at 9,999 :)

edit: maybe I should quit at 299, only took 6 years lol.
    Dustin Leefers
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Though I generally find threads about people who post on said message board a bit annoying...

This one is funny and like Plantwiz said, dynamik doesn't post just for the sake of posting. He's probably one of, if not the most thoughtful person that contributes to these forums, generally taking his time to thoughtfully reply to the best of his ability when any question is posed.

I feel like an individual who contributes that much deserves a little praise and appreciation for devoting a little of his time to all of us.

So, bravo. Keep it up! bowing.gif
    But on a side note, how the hell do you have nearly 10,000 posts?

I've been posting here for nearly 6 years and I'm barely halfway to 2,000.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    /usr wrote: »
    But on a side note, how the hell do you have nearly 10,000 posts?

I've been posting here for nearly 6 years and I'm barely halfway to 2,000.

Youd have to be doing around 11 posts a day to keep up according to stats!

I don't think I could find anything intelligent enough to say 11 times a day, not that dynamik has.......but there you go!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    leefdaddy wrote: »
    I'd quit at 9,999 :)
    Yeah, he could stop at 9,999 posts, create a new member account named "dynamik2" and start over. He'd be at 9,999 posts again before Webmaster could hit 10K posts for the first time. icon_lol.gif
  • kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    I actually heard he was leaning in that direction; he'd probably come up with a way more creative name though...
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kimanyd wrote: »
    I actually heard he was leaning in that direction; he'd probably come up with a way more creative name though...

I imagine it would contain some reference to someone's mom. Or kimanyd's mom.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kimanyd
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!

IMPOSTER!

Oh well.... dynamik was an odd one anyways... I'm glad he's gone icon_razz.gif
    Good riddance!
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Yeah, he could stop at 9,999 posts, create a new member account named "dynamik2" and start over. He'd be at 9,999 posts again before Webmaster could hit 10K posts for the first time. icon_lol.gif

I did that on another site.. created a new ID and left the original at 49,999.. long time ago.. icon_redface.gif
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    IMPOSTER!

Not gone, just waiting (in the bushes?). I still see his username active.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
    IMPOSTER!

I actually considered creating a second account to impersonate him, just to see how many would fall for it. Sadly this kimanyd guy seems to have taken my idea. icon_wink.gif
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So it seems we are still waiting! Come on Dynamik! Whats it gonna be? :)
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I think he helped Al Franken get elected to the senateicon_rolleyes.gif, realized the error of his ways and then left the state as quickly as possible.icon_redface.gif

just my theory....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm sure it's killing him not to post. icon_lol.gif
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    haha yeah I bet it will be. He is not hitting the 11 per day now thats for sure!

Maybe he is writing a 'Dynamik style' essay icon_cool.gif
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    So what if we just change the topic and ignore him :) Or let's talk against him and put him in a defensive position. That will trigger posting!

He was a horrible guy, wasn't he?
  • kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    haha yeah I bet it will be. He is not hitting the 11 per day now thats for sure!

After keeping that up for years, you can coast for awhile without affecting your PPD average too much...
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    Maybe he is writing a 'Dynamik style' essay icon_cool.gif

That's already been done. Maybe he's got nothing left...
    binarysoul wrote: »
    He was a horrible guy, wasn't he?

That works for me. He probably came out of the closet and is adjusting to his new lifestyle...
    He probably came out of the closet and is adjusting to his new lifestyle...

He was in the closet? I thought it was obvious.....