Options

project+ 2009 beta question

2»

Comments

• Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took this exam Friday, Sept 18th. I studied for this exam for about two weeks using the Sybex book and man does it suck. Then I said whatever and after chapter 5 I just read the summaries and took the practice exams with it. The beta format wasn't hard, however it wasn't as easy as what the other people claimed it to be. There weren't too many common sense questions. Took me about an hour to answer the 130 questions. Make sure you fully understand the WBS, project charter, and the project scope document cause they got alot of those. I think I have a good chance of passing if the pass rate is similar to the current project+ score. lol.... lets see how this goes... :D
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took this exam Friday, Sept 18th. I studied for this exam for about two weeks using the Sybex book and man does it suck. Then I said whatever and after chapter 5 I just read the summaries and took the practice exams with it. The beta format wasn't hard, however it wasn't as easy as what the other people claimed it to be. There weren't too many common sense questions. Took me about an hour to answer the 130 questions. Make sure you fully understand the WBS, project charter, and the project scope document cause they got alot of those. I think I have a good chance of passing if the pass rate is similar to the current project+ score. lol.... lets see how this goes... :D

hehehe..it was a sucky read that book and if I recall there was all this stuff about project charter and project scope in that practice exam. A dry read indeed. Hope you pass. The passing score for the last version was very generous.
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    hehehe..it was a sucky read that book and if I recall there was all this stuff about project charter and project scope in that practice exam. A dry read indeed. Hope you pass. The passing score for the last version was very generous.

Thank you, I hope I pass as well but I can understand if I don't because even if I do pass..... I don't think I can even make a project charter LOL. But yea, no kidding about the previous pass rate. Actually considering about taking the current project+ if I fail the beta if I have the money.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I might take it again if I fail too. Two weeks is not enough time for me to actually study the material, espeically when I'm in school fulltime and working. So I'll spend this semester studying the material while waiting for the results and I'll use what I learn in my System Analysis and Design class to reinforce the material.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157

I took it on the 16th myself... I have to say, I'm in full agreement with your assessment of the exam. It wasn't an easy exam, but it also wasn't a difficult exam. I think I must have missed out on the "common sense" pool of question myself, since my experience was pretty much the same as yours.

I think my passing the beta could go either way on this one. It's funny, because I only read the first 5 chapters as well. After that I was just practice question from the book.... That was a few months ago though.
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I bought the Transcender study guide. It seems more to the point which I like. I take this bad boy Friday, so this is my week of "real" study.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I go back from taking the test and it wasn't that bad. I wish I had more time to study the material. I didn't even finish reading the sybex book. I figure if I fail the exam that I'll retake it so by then, I'll know the material and I'll pass for sure.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    Looks like I'm going to have to take this thing within the next 2 weeks.

I actually failed the test by about 3 points back in 2006. I was VERY hung over and I took it first thing in the morning (stupid I know)! Hopefully I'll make up for it with this free beta exam.

I'm going to review my notes from grad school and use my old 2003 sybex book. Hopefully it wont be too bad.
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    I took it on Friday. It seemed like it was pretty straight forward. I'm guessing since it was 130 questions you got pretty much the entire test pool. It was extremely repetitive. I also found some of the questions kind of vague and poorly worded, but it was honestly "common sense" of project management material. There were a few tricky questions though. I really doubt I would take it again if I didn't pass.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...