CBT's?

inc0mpleteinc0mplete Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello! I was wondering if there are any other kind of CBT or video training websites besides CBTnuggets.
Security+ -> Studying.
CCNA-> Studying - GNS3 and building up equipment slowly for CCNP.:lol:
MCSE 70-290 -> On Hold.

Exploit Bank: 0
InProgress: 1

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TrainSignal, TestOut, VTC all come to mind. I know there are others, just can't remember off the top of my head.

I like TrainSignal's more recent offerings mostly because they include smaller videos for Ipod's so I can watch anywhere or listen to them in my car through my stereo.

I like TestOut because of the labsim's and quizes they have, BUT I have to say the new format they released them in where they now require you to login to be a bit weak. It's laggy loading pages, not to mention a pain after you wipe and reload your computer since they give you 3 install instances and afterwards you have to call to explain that you reloaded.
  • inc0mpleteinc0mplete Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you ^^
    Security+ -> Studying.
    MCSE 70-290 -> On Hold.

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    inc0mplete wrote: »
    Hello! I was wondering if there are any other kind of CBT or video training websites besides CBTnuggets.

Do you not like CBTNuggets?

I like their videos but I agree with msteinhilber I've been very impressed with Trainsignal's material...very impressed!

I have their Server 2008 material and love it!

I haven't used CBTNuggets since Windows 2000 material but found it very good back then.

Most of the time I use textbooks only, but for video help I find TrainSignal's the best for a comprehensive study and CBTNuggets is good for test specific...but I haven't been studying for a particular test, rather the whole topic and how several areas work together.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • inc0mpleteinc0mplete Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like CBTNuggets, I have been watching then, and reading Sybex. I am a really Visual learner, that's why I ask. Thank you for your inputs both of you!
    Security+ -> Studying.
    MCSE 70-290 -> On Hold.

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I usually use trainsignal.

70-640 - wasnt bad, but Coach didnt cover certificates really at all and what he did explain was confusing.

70-642 - left out a bunch of stuff. Didnt even mention IPv6 which was paramount on the exam.

70-643 - coach again...pretty much didnt cover what i woudl consider is 20-25% of the exam.

I enjoy the trainsignal method, but they need to cover more information, bottom line.

I watched the 70-640 CBTNuggets and thought it was very thorough.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hyper-Me wrote: »

I watched the 70-640 CBTNuggets and thought it was very thorough.

Good to know! Thank you.

I think between the two, they both are limited by the talent they have available to produce the videos. Not everyone should be on camera (even if it is just voice work). And I find the people who are brilliant in the field using the technology, don't always make the best instructors as they have forgotten how to learn (it comes to easily).

As with any material (book or video) it is wise to use a couple sources, and follow the objectives, research the topics not covered as indepth.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Just on another note regarding CBT's. Apparently CBT nuggets is working on a iphone app from what their facebook page states. Will notify when its released.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
    ULWiz wrote: »
    Just on another note regarding CBT's. Apparently CBT nuggets is working on a iphone app from what their facebook page states. Will notify when its released.

Interesting, I'm curious what the app would be. Streaming video I would assume. That would come in handy in some situations, but I would rather see an option for Iphone/Ipod Touch compatible videos. Would be slick if I could listen to the CBT Nuggets videos while I'm driving too.
  • kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    It's not terribly difficult to convert them to whatever format you want though.
    kimanyd wrote: »
    It's not terribly difficult to convert them to whatever format you want though.

This is true, but by time I think about converting them I have jumped around at least a half dozen other impulsive projects and they never get converted :)