Options

On-Campus Colleges

SiantisSiantis Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm trying to find colleges that offer a Bachelors Degree that relate to Network Administration. Ideally courses would include CCNA curriculum and test prep and MCSE curriculum.

Most colleges seem to offer only Computer Science majors, focusing on programming, or only an Associate's Degree.

I'm NOT looking for an online college, but a 4 year, traditional college environment.

So far the only two that have caught my eye are:
Central Penn: Central Pennsylvania College | Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Program Network Management Minor
and
Alfred Tech: Information Technology - Network Administration | Alfred State College

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What about going to a Tech school that offers CCNA or MSCE courses in an AAS program and then transferring to a 4 year school?

Also, you may have to choose between the Cisco or Microsoft programs if you go that route I haven't seen a school that offers both in the same program.

That is what I'm in the process of doing.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Siantis wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm trying to find colleges that offer a Bachelors Degree that relate to Network Administration. Ideally courses would include CCNA curriculum and test prep and MCSE curriculum.

Most colleges seem to offer only Computer Science majors, focusing on programming, or only an Associate's Degree.

I'm NOT looking for an online college, but a 4 year, traditional college environment.

So far the only two that have caught my eye are:
    Central Penn: Central Pennsylvania College | Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Program Network Management Minor
    and
    Alfred Tech: Information Technology - Network Administration | Alfred State College

Thanks for any help.

I'm guessing that you live in Massachusetts, correct? Well here is the link for all the colleges in that state. Good Luck!
    Massachusetts State Colleges and Universities
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think the school I'm transfering to has what you're looking for.

Davenport University > Home > Degrees and Majors ___ > Technology___ > Bachelor's Degrees

If you take the right security classes, you'll only be a few classes
    away from a degree in Network Security.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you looking to go out of state? Davenport University in Michigan is very well respected.

+1 for Davenport
  • Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    if you live in Maryland/DC area..

Capitol College is the place to be.
    (nasa and nsa sends their students here)

I want to transfer there after I get my AAS at community college
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I don't know if you're willing to relocate, but I know that the University of Oregon, (a very good school, several of my friends have gone there,) offers a more IT-focused CIS program. (Their software-development classes, what we'd usually consider the traditional computer science courses, are considered to be part of their math department, apparently.)

If you're willing to make the move, I'd say it's worth it. Eugene's a nice town, the cost of living is low, and the school has a great reputation for academics and facilities.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    SiantisSiantis Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the replies so far.

Davenport looks interesting, I'll definitely check them out more.

In answer to Slowhand, yes, I'm willing (preferring, actually) to relocate out of Mass.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Siantis wrote: »
    I'm willing (preferring, actually) to relocate out of Mass.

I can understand that. I'm planning on heading out east to do my grad-work after I get my Bachelor's, I've been living in the Bay Area (California) for most of my life and Berkeley's not much of a change. It's great, but not a change. Good luck on your search. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Moving for me has been a real treat (seriously). I have found a better job, better education options, and better weather :D

Good luck with your searches. I once again endorse Davenport. I hear they have excellent IT security classes.
  • Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    get close to NoVA/DC and you'll make bank.

just the cost of living is insane.. so live a good ways outside of NoVA and DC.. and commute daily.

Laurel, MD is where Capitol College which is 20-30mins away from DC/NoVa.
    and 20-30mins from Baltimore, MD.

do a search for the most expensive/richest counties in United States. Howard County and Montgomery County hits the lists.

Which is right outside DC. CC is in Howard Co. MD

(NoVa = Northern Virgnia)..