Options

Tia ctp [tt0-201] ?

Anyone have the Convergence Technologies Professional (CTP) from the TIA? If so, how is it? Are there any study materials other than the stuff from TIA at ctpcertified.com ? This cert seems to hold potential for learning and career development, but it sure is elusive.

Comments

• Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been looking at it here and there. It seems like someone on the board has the cert. I got the current study guide and it seems to talk about areas and then refer to external resources for more information. I haven't seen any other books geared toward this certification though.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Well, I guess the competitor to CTP would be Convergence+ from CompTIA. I'd just like to do some vendor-neutral telephony. Are there any other certs like this?
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am not sure about what other certs there are that are vender-neutral in this area but after reading over the study guide I would say CompTIA doesn't touch the CTP as far as what it covers. Also I would take a cert that is backed by TIA before CompTIA. That last part is just personal preference but I would say most people would put more confidence in people who create the standards we use. The exam study guide isn't real big but covers a lot. I would take a look at what it covers. The ebook version of the study guide is only $21. I don't know about how much employers are looking at this certification but it seems like a decent certification.