MTH/212 INTRODUCTION TO FINITE MATHEMATICS

COM/285 BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS

ENG/221 TECHNICAL WRITING FUNDAMENTALS

Currently in my last week of:

CIS/205 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS

Community College:

Gov -2613 US Government

HIS 2613 - US History to 1876
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some of those should satisfy requirements. The history maps to the humanities and the critical thinking may satisfy a rquirement plus the english and math should count. Like I said before if you're thinking of transferring it'd be better not to wait. WGU is much cheaper and you don't have the UOP "team approach" to classes. There are also probably a lot less papers to write at WGU.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BTW, my EET degree from ITT Tech is a Associate of Applied Science.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll be lucky if that gives you anything at all.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    RoadwarriorsLiveRoadwarriorsLive Member Posts: 104
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    UoP:

GEN/200 FOUNDATIONS FOR GENERAL EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS

PHL/251 CRITICAL THINKING

MTH/208 COLLEGE MATHEMATICS I

MTH/212 INTRODUCTION TO FINITE MATHEMATICS

COM/285 BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS

ENG/221 TECHNICAL WRITING FUNDAMENTALS

Currently in my last week of:

CIS/205 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS

Community College:

Gov -2613 US Government

HIS 2613 - US History to 1876

You would be suprised what they give you. I attended UOP in the late 90's. I stopped my regular courses and staterted taking MCSE classes they offered. I got my MCSE, got a job, and stopped going after moving to a new city. I am going back now to finish my Bach Degree and almost pulled the trigger at UOP but found WGU. WGU took more of my Gen Ed classes than UOP was going to. Seems like your classes and mine have alot in common and they took most of them I am starting out with 24 credits. They didnt take my old certs since they were over 5 years old.

I liked UOP but for me it was WAYYY to easy. Seems like all I had to do was show up and I got an A. Plus after looking at my classes I knew I didnt really have anything to land a decent job. I know classes have changed in 10 years but it stilled seemed like more theory than pratical knowledge. After spending that kind of money it would have been nice to know how to at least setup a server or switch.

While certs dont always prove someone knows what they are doing. For me studying 2 different sources, testing and actually working with the software/hardware I use fits the bill.

Most people dont use what they learned in College for thier career (how many poetry majors are actually poets). WGU gives me practical knowledge that I know I will use in one way or another.
    WGU Graduate - Bachelors of Science: Information Technology Security

Started MS ISA on April 1st
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's good to know. WGU has all of my transcripts now, except for one. Then I'll need to take the pre-entrance exam. Holding off on finishing enrollment until things settle down with my job and home life. I moved to a new (literally) team in August, and we are still hammering out how it is we are going to do what we do. My wife and I also has a baby due in a couple of months.
  • Options
    ThxlbxThxlbx Member Posts: 105
    I was surprised at what WGU tranferred in for me, I got a total of 26 credits, which covered a lot of the general stuff:

BAC1
    BBC1
    LAE1
    LAT1
    LUT1
    QLC1
    QMC1
    QLT1
    IWC1
    IWT1
    SSC1
    SST1

Hopefully I get going on the cert classes quickly since a lot of the general ed is tranferred in, I want to get a couple of certs before the end of the year so I can get some entry level work while I continue to school for my degree.
    WGU B.S.IT - Security
    Currently Enrolled:
    LET1, INC1, INT1
    Courses Completed:
    EWB2, TEV1, TTV1, CLC1, TSV1,WFV1,ORC1
    Courses Transferred:
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LVT1, QLC1, SSC1, SST1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses needed:

BGV1, AKV1, GTT1, MGC1, WDV1, TPV1, GUT1, ABV1, TWA1, CPW4, BLV1
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thxlbx wrote: »
    I was surprised at what WGU tranferred in for me, I got a total of 26 credits, which covered a lot of the general stuff:

BAC1
    BBC1
    LAE1
    LAT1
    LUT1
    QLC1
    QMC1
    QLT1
    IWC1
    IWT1
    SSC1
    SST1

Hopefully I get going on the cert classes quickly since a lot of the general ed is tranferred in, I want to get a couple of certs before the end of the year so I can get some entry level work while I continue to school for my degree.

NICE! That's pretty much the grand majority. Looks like you have to deal with the natural sciences. In that list, I have to do INT1, QLC1, and QLT1 as well as CLC1, then GE for me is done.