Options

!!! help MULTICAST !!!

misael392misael392 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_rolleyes.gif hi i have a tech problem is that the multicast on my 2 routers 2811 with
hwics is alredy working, i have 3 cams (video over ip) send video on router1 then the router2 receive through the interface serial 0 and 5 pc´s received this video, but the problem is only 2 pc response the
multicast, in the 2 pc´s is work wireshark and i see how the frames arrive
on multicast on port 60000 (i configure this port) but the other 3 pc´s
is not working mcast ... and the interface serial its saturates to 100%
someone can help me
thanks so much...
good day icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    Are the other PC sending IGMP joing message and did you check the switch to see if it is forwarding it i.e mac entry and what does your igmp interface on the router say, are you blocking any receivers from receiving the mcast, are these receivers on different vlans
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    misael392misael392 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_sad.gif but first, i think that no other pc is sending igmp joing messages because this pc´s no answer to the ping 224.0.0.1 (igmp group), and ""are you blocking any receivers from receiving the mcast"" i dont know how permit the pc´s recive the mcast, because i change in the regedit system the igmpVersion and tcp y udp files and the firewall too and is not work....
    all the hosts are in the vlan 1 ...
    thanks for your help
    good day icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I think the problem is the host. THe host isnt sending IGMP join for that group and in turn the switch is not building a mac entry because IGMP snooping doesnt see the join. You can put a static entry to force traffic to that switchport but if the host isnt set up properly the static entry wouldnt matter but at least you can capture via wireshark to see if it is indeed sending mcast traffic out that switch port.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew