Options

Has anybody worked with Fortinet products?

LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody out there has worked with Fortinet products. I am gonna be working with a few of them on a project, they seem like cool boxes from what I´ve read and seen on them. I´d like to hear opinions from people that work with the devices to get a better picture.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lizano wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody out there has worked with Fortinet products. I am gonna be working with a few of them on a project, they seem like cool boxes from what I´ve read and seen on them. I´d like to hear opinions from people that work with the devices to get a better picture.

Thanks,
    They do have their quirks - especially when it comes to firmware - but overall they are the best I've worked with. Good enough that I bought one for the house.

If you have specific questions, shoot me a PM.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I've worked with Fortinet as well. They're kind of an uglified Sonicwall in my opinion, but they get the job done and I haven't had any reliability problems. Just hope you never have to talk to their support. My experience is that they are extremely unfriendly, and unhelpful as well as I ended up having to hack things out on my own anyhow.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, nice to know people out there that actually have worked with the product. To be honest, so far I really like the boxes, this is, so far I have only seen them in lab enviorments or small networks. I´d like to see their Enterprise line in Prooduction. So I´m studying for this now, company wants me to get FCNSA and FCNSP...good thing is I have access to the actual equipment easily, so pretty good lab experience, something harder to do in the CCSP path...
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    I have also worked with the Fortinet product and we have 2 FCNP Certified technicians working for our company. We have bi-monthly meetings with our Fortinet Account Manager so if you have any questions let me know and I can get you the answer.
  • Options
    negaversenegaverse Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lizano, my company, MSA®, is a Fortinet Gold Partner working in Costa Rica. We can gladly help you with any questions regarding Fortinet products, as well as provide pre- and post-sales support so that you don't have to go at it alone.

Let me know how we can be of help.
  • Options
    Sanis4lifeSanis4life Banned Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We have their firewalls and are not too happy with them. Yes, they do a good job with reliability and all, but there are user functions that would seem obvious that are lacking. Sometimes they go out of sync for who knows why, you cant do a simple search for one IP/Name/group and find out what that is associated too in regards to policies.

All and all, we wish we went with something else, but thats just our opinion.