Options

Passed the 620, 775/1000

SmootCISSmootCIS Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Didn't do so hot but, pretty much took it cold. To study I took 2 practice exams, and glimpsed through a couple of videos. I was shocked by the number of Sims I had I counted 13 in all, but I think this is what saved me on this one. Well off to bed, and tomorrow I begin my study for the 290, I have been looking forward to this one, so I am excited. Anyone have any advice would love to hear for these, 270 was a fairly hard exam(mostly because of the broad range of materials covered), but I got a 905 on it, how hard is the 290 compared to it?

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent!! congrats icon_cool.gif

edit: how hard is the 290 compared to it?

The 290 is harder, however again if you know the material and you have studied well you will have nothing to worry about :)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I found the 290 to be easier than the 270. Study up on user accounts, groups, computer accounts, printers, permissions - know these really well - SUS / WSUS, backups.
    It is a pretty straightforward exam and the book covers the topics well, though its always good to use multiple sources. Good Luck!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Might I also suggest that you do a few labs where you delegate control in AD? That might be of use to you.
  • Options
    SmootCISSmootCIS Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Might I also suggest that you do a few labs where you delegate control in AD? That might be of use to you.

yeah I don't have anything to do labs with so I have been running a AD environment on my home network. I have about about 7 computers running on it, and have been trying to work my way through the objectives. Unfortunately money is a major issue (being that I just found out my Girlfriend is pregnant and am trying to put all my spare money towards that) I have been looking at the software on UCertify and it is pretty cheap any of you used that by any chance, and have any opinions on it?