Can any dynamips users give me a hand please

hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
Ive got the following .net file which im having a few problems with and i cant seem to find a fix for it. The main problem im having at the minute is that i cant ping the serial interface on router1 and the serial interfaces on router2 from the local host or the vmware server. I am able to ping everywhere from the routers its just the hosts im having problems with. It is all configured properly and ive tried it on some real kit today and worked fine no problem.

What i dont understand is that i can get from the host the server no problems just cant get to these certain interfaces. Im assuming it must be something wrong this this file but i havent been using dynamips for a long time.

Anyone had any similar problems

Cheers

###Toplogy begins###
[localhost]

image = \Program Files\Dynamips\images\c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T5.bin
model = 3725
sparsemem = True
mmap = True
autostart = False
ram = 128

Router R1
model = 3725
console = 3725
slot1 = NM-4T
slot2 = NM-1FE-TX
s1/0 = R2 s1/0
f0/0 = SW1 1

Router R2
model = 3725
console = 3727
slot1 = NM-4T
slot2 = NM-1FE-TX
s1/1 = R3 s1/1

Router R3
model = 3725
console = 3726
slot1 = NM-4T
slot2 = NM-1FE-TX
f0/0 = SW2 1

ethsw SW1
1 = access 1
2 = access 1 NIO_gen_eth:\Device\NPF_{A2A9A464-91E2-4F41-A5BA-9752D8CF4C64}

ethsw SW2
1 = access 1
2 = access 1 NIO_gen_eth:\Device\NPF_{72EB1D84-765E-46FB-939F-F6B1A0D11C58}

###Topology Ends###

Comments

• JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    I had similar problem with WinXP Pro/ Vmware and dynamips/dynagen, i ended up allowing the echo requests to pass in and out the firewall on the interface.
    I assume you gave the R1 and R2 an IP address from your internal network, did you try to ping them from some other workstation?
  • jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    7200emu.hacki.at :: Index

^ Dynamips forums - I'm not trying to blow you off with that, just trying to share resources. icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hodgey87 wrote: »
    What i dont understand is that i can get from the host the server no problems just cant get to these certain interfaces.
    Does your host have a default gateway or a route that can get to those networks on the serial interfaces? Do those networks/routers have a route back?

Try a trace route and see where you're traffic is going.

Can you ping from those routers back to your host? Depending on your IOS you can either use an extended ping or the source option of ping and try pinging your host from the routers and if you can ping from those routers when you source the pings from the serial port networks. Remember that you need two way communication for the pings to work.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Ive got it sorted guys,

The traffic was trying to route through a wireless connection i had, i just disabled that and everything is working fine now.

Cheers for your help :)