Boson Practice Exam-ICND1 questions

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have heard that the Boson practice exam is a really good measure for the actual exam and is also similar to the content. I wanted to asked a few questions before I activated it, if anyone knows please let me know.

Once activated, do I just get one try at the exam or multiples to practice?

Can I review the exam or once I have passed a question, or finished exam I no longer get to review the contents of the exam to study?

What would you consider a minimal score on this practice exam, that would indicate your prepared for the actual ICND1 exam?

I just want to try an make the most out of this practice exam, as I am four days left to prepare. I'm a bit nervous and feel I know the material well, but sometimes one or two things catch me off gaurd and make me nervous regarding my readiness for the exam on 9/16.

Oh yea... If you have any study suggestions on anything that you felt you could have study more (for ICND1), please shout that out to me also!

Thanks so much!~
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Boson exam for my ICND1 study, and I'll try to answer your questions. You can practice the exam as many times as you want once you activate the exam. You can take the exam in "study mode" if I remember correctly. This will show you the correct answer as well as explain why the answer is correct. I found this to be really helpful when studying for the actual exam. As far as your score, I would say that if you can consistantly score in the 80% range on the Boson exam then you are probably ready for the real thing. Don't get discouraged with the Boson exam. I found it to be harder than the actual Cisco exam, but it will show you the areas in which you need to practice more.

As far as last minute exam advice, I would say make sure you review any practice questions in the Cisco Press book or any study material you are using. I used the Cisco Press book, Exam Cram for ICND1, and one other book. You can find a ton of free practice tests for ICND1 online. Know subnetting cold! Use subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online to practice. I spent about 20 minutes reviewing my notes in my car before I even went into the test center to take the exam. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    AD227529 wrote: »
    I used the Boson exam for my ICND1 study, and I'll try to answer your questions. You can practice the exam as many times as you want once you activate the exam. You can take the exam in "study mode" if I remember correctly. This will show you the correct answer as well as explain why the answer is correct. I found this to be really helpful when studying for the actual exam. As far as your score, I would say that if you can consistantly score in the 80% range on the Boson exam then you are probably ready for the real thing. Don't get discouraged with the Boson exam. I found it to be harder than the actual Cisco exam, but it will show you the areas in which you need to practice more.

As far as last minute exam advice, I would say make sure you review any practice questions in the Cisco Press book or any study material you are using. I used the Cisco Press book, Exam Cram for ICND1, and one other book. You can find a ton of free practice tests for ICND1 online. Know subnetting cold! Use subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online to practice. I spent about 20 minutes reviewing my notes in my car before I even went into the test center to take the exam. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    +1 good advice

The only thing I can add is to brush up on the areas the test shows you are weak in. I would consider less than 60% weak in any one area.

You might go through the tutorial so you understand the types of questions that can be asked. Remember to take deep breaths, take the time to read the question fully. Watch your time on the sim questions and lastly make sure you plan where you are going to drunken_smilie.gif when you click end and it says you passed.

Nail it! icon_thumright.gif
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks--you both have given great advice and information.

My game plan for today is ... Review and create study sheets (mostly commands, definitions & tables) I will use these as last minute reviews before I go into the exam.

Hopefully by tonight I will take the practice exam and continue from there on my Sunday studies.

I then have to work on Monday from 8-5, then I can practice subnetting. I feel mostly comfortable with the processes, but I'm worried I will freeze up on these when I have to apply it to a lab or something.
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    When you activate the test software, your test updates, and you can take the exam as many times as you want. The questions are great, and some can be tough. Just take your time to read the questions. The first time I took mine, I couldn't believe my score. I have studied for almost 8 months, but they throw stuff in to catch you off guard, and easy things that you can look over which make you get the answer wrong. It's good too because you can use simulation mode or study mode. Simulation gives you basically a practice test with the time limit. Study mode allows you go go through each question (no time constraint) and you can see each answer as you go to the question to know if you got it right. If not it explains why the answer that is right, is the correct answer.