Options

anybody from europe????

wawrzynwawrzyn Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
anybody from uk or ireland? please contact me, i have few questions about IT job market there. regards. Lawrence

Comments

• Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I'm from the UK
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Me too, I left the big black smoke, for life in the big apple
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    Did you live in London, England?
  • Options
    Yeah, I lived in Wandsworth for many years. How about you?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm Euro-trash too icon_lol.gif not from the UK or Ireland though...
  • Options
    Yeah, I lived in Wandsworth for many years. How about you?

I lived in South London in the Rotherhite Area not far from Deptford/new cross. I came here in 2002 and been here ever since. Thinking about moving to icon_sunny.gif Florida! I just hate the winters here in MI!!! icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    Thinking about moving to Florida

No way mate, actually just bought a house there myself :) , hasn't been built yet, probably just as well given all the hurricane's lately

Lawrence, apologies for highjacking your post a bit here, what were you looking to find out about the UK IT job market?
  • Options
    What part of Florida? What is the IT job market like there? What's the best city for IT jobs? I gotta buy me a house too!

yeah sorry Lawrence, What I heard from my brother (who still lives in the UK) is that theres quite a few Tech jobs there. He is a MCSE NT, CCNA, CCNP and soon to be CCIE, so he looks at UK IT job boards a lot. Try out www.jobserve.co.uk or www.monster.co.uk I also heard the cost of living has sky rocketed since I left there in 2002. I find the cost of living is cheaper in the US, but then like most things theres up and downs about which country you live in. Are you living in the UK now? Or you plan to move there?
  • Options
    I'm Moving to a place called Northport, it's kind of between Tampa and Ft. Meyers, so I'm mostly looking in and around Tampa + Sarasota. The job market's a bit bad at the moment but there are jobs out there so I shouldn't have too many problems I hope.

Where were you looking at?
  • Options
    I was looking at fort lauderdale...
  • Options
    wawrzynwawrzyn Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so it looks like everybody from europe is already here in USA :). and - even more - everybody goes to Florida.
    hmm - what could I say - now I live in Upstate NY for almost 18 months and I came here from Poland. I'm just tired with all that visa stuff I need to go thru, so I think about moving out to UK or Ireland since I can work there without any stupid immigration paperwork.
    IT market in USA is not that bad - comparing to what I was used to before - but on the other hand is not that fantastic - especially for me, 'cause the only way to get any IT job is H2B sponsoring. It just kills all my oportunities I may have around here.
    I don't have any USA IT experience nor USA degree - yes, I worked 6 years in computer business in Poland (4yrs of college too), but that means nothing of course. So - here I am with my crapy hotel front desk job, trying to get few certs as fast as I can.
    Talking about Florida - I just got a job offer in Fort Lauderdale for the winter, so maybe I'll be there too :). But still it's same hotel crap.
    Tech geek's place is in computer job, not hotel, sxxt! icon_mad.gif I'm getting more stupid every day - and sick too. Sad, isn't it? ;)
    regards,
    Lawrence

P.S. and you guys do not make me happier - everybody's in USA, so probably there's nothing out there in EU...
  • Options
    escissorshandescissorshand Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wawrzyn wrote:
    anybody from uk or ireland? please contact me, i have few questions about IT job market there. regards. Lawrence

Actuallie IT market in London, UK is not bad at the moment. Im sure you can get a reasonable job when u hve a MCSE cert or someting.

Rgds,
    Edward
  • Options
    kramitkramit Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im from the uk ! w00t! from the shite hole they call brum lol, still live here tho