Options

prevent users download anything

mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
hi all
I enabled group policy to prevent download file , user configuration/administartive templates/windows components/restrict file download , however still users able downlaod enything icon_sad.gif how can I stop users to download enything using GPO

Comments

• Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    Did you add the respective user groups?
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mcse_696 wrote: »
    hi all
    I enabled group policy to prevent download file , user configuration/administartive templates/windows components/restrict file download , however still users able downlaod enything icon_sad.gif how can I stop users to download enything using GPO

Did you check that it's not set to unrestricted? I'm pretty sure that's the default for the policy.
  • Options
    kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    How did you setup the GPO. Did you link it to the right users/computers OU?
  • Options
    i stoped download from GROUP POLICY
    1-windows components/internet explorer/internet control panel/security page/internet zone
    2-windows components/internet explorer/security features/restrict file download
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How have you filtered the gpo and have you linked it to an OU?
  • Options
    I have users OU under domain level , and child computers OU under users OU , I applied on users OU
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Run a rsop and see if the policy is getting applied. Make sure that you set "Allow file downloads" to enable and then set the setting nested inside for "Allow file downloads" to disable. If you just set the policy to disabled it won't work. It is kind of tricky like that.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/