Options

Subnetting

cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Looking to do ccent exam, i have done all the ccna modules at uni before but am really struggling with subnetting this time, i understand how to subnet but find answering example questions hard, any advise out there?

Thanks

DW

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Practice, practice, practice...

subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online

There are a ton of different methods, by a variety of people, some swear by converting to binary, and others prefer to write it out. Luckily, I can do it all in my head, so that make things real easy for me. But use the link I posted above to practice your style and improve your time....

The only way you can get better is to continue to practice.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Subnetting Made Easy

This helped me a bunch. Get to be be able to do it in your head. Writing it out takes way to long, imho.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Try these two:

Subnetting Quiz #1

and

Subnetting Quiz #2 (CIDR)

Practice over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and... I think you get the drift :) LOL.
  • Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    i practice making out a chart..

Binary, Subnets, CIDR, Hosts, B-class, C-class

work my way through the chart and anytime I have a question that asks me like how many subnets, or hosts, I go to the chart.

I learned from a subnetting video made by a teacher at TrainingCamp.com

GREAT video.. and practice it 3-4x. had it down.

later I'll put up a step by step on how to make the chart.. unless you already know.
  • Options
    cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    i practice making out a chart..

Binary, Subnets, CIDR, Hosts, B-class, C-class

work my way through the chart and anytime I have a question that asks me like how many subnets, or hosts, I go to the chart.

I learned from a subnetting video made by a teacher at TrainingCamp.com

GREAT video.. and practice it 3-4x. had it down.

later I'll put up a step by step on how to make the chart.. unless you already know.

that would be great thanks
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cb3dwa wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to do ccent exam, i have done all the ccna modules at uni before but am really struggling with subnetting this time, i understand how to subnet but find answering example questions hard, any advise out there?

Thanks

DW
    My best advice to you would be practice. Please try not to learn tricks until you feel completely comfortable with subnetting, as you can get yourself in a ton of confusion and become frustrated.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    This one helped me a lot:

IP Subnet Practice

Drew