Options

Passed SYO-201 on 9/11/09

burnewebburneweb Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with an 835/900

This test wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. Just know the objectives and definitions and you should be fine.

I had 3 questions pertaining to key escrow(?)

None on ports or organization acronyms

I had 1 concerning the SLE, ARO, ALE formulas where you had to work out the formula to obtain the answer so know how to work these formulas!

The scenario questions were a bit tricky but 2 are obviously wrong and the other 2 boiled down to wording so read the questions carefully before answering. 2 good possible answers but only one will be best regarding security context.

All the other questions were straight up definition questions where you either know it or you don't.

Onward and upward to CCNA exam next for me and then possibly the CISSP because I like the security realm.

I used Sybex Deluxe Study book (read cover to cover and took practice tests after each chapter) and took many practice tests. I recommend this so that you are prepared for the format of the real test.

Good luck to all who are taking this test!

Comments

• Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the exam. Good Luck with Cisco.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    burneweb wrote: »
    Passed with an 835/900

This test wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. Just know the objectives and definitions and you should be fine.

I had 3 questions pertaining to key escrow(?)

None on ports or organization acronyms

I had 1 concerning the SLE, ARO, ALE formulas where you had to work out the formula to obtain the answer so know how to work these formulas!

The scenario questions were a bit tricky but 2 are obviously wrong and the other 2 boiled down to wording so read the questions carefully before answering. 2 good possible answers but only one will be best regarding security context.

All the other questions were straight up definition questions where you either know it or you don't.

Onward and upward to CCNA exam next for me and then possibly the CISSP because I like the security realm.

I used Sybex Deluxe Study book (read cover to cover and took practice tests after each chapter) and took many practice tests. I recommend this so that you are prepared for the format of the real test.

Good luck to all who are taking this test!

Congrats on the Pass - Well i have been thru the Sybex Book ( twice now icon_sad.gif) but still feel that i am not ready for it ( low confidence/nervous factor )

Did you use any CBT or any other materials like Transcender???

finally Good luck with your Cisco :)
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    burnewebburneweb Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dr IT,

No, I didn't use any CBTs. This is just a personal preference though because I get more out of reading books than watching videos. It's easier for me to focus my attention on weak areas this way and my retention is better with books than with CBTs.

What really helped me alot were the practice tests. I have a flash card program where I'll drop every practice test question I come across that stumps me into it. I'll then keep practicing until I get 95% or better consistantly. Once I do that then I am usually ready to sit for the real test.

Thanks and good luck with your studies.