Options

Laptop Poll

win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
Are you allowed to bring a personal laptop to work? (This includes if your allowed to but not connect to the network).
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have no restrictions on what equipment I can bring in and connect to our network, but that's not really a surprise since we're a 3 man shop.

That said, if I worked for a larger organization that have more stringent policies in place - I would understand why policy would restrict me from using non company issued equipment on the network.
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I've brought my own in for studying (Dynamips and Boson practice exams), but we aint allowed to connect them to the network without express permission, which is usually only granted to people who've been here a few years.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I cant bring my laptop, ipod, or phone (with a camera) in the facility icon_sad.gif.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    Ericthemaster86Ericthemaster86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cant bring my laptop, ipod, or phone (with a camera) in the facility icon_sad.gif.

Typical..

Anything that can be used to carry data out the door is typically included in a companies security policy.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I can bring in just about anything. It's kind of nice the freedom I have at my job.
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Typical..

Anything that can be used to carry data out the door is typically included in a companies security policy.

Yeah you definitely will not be carrying anything other than your issued phone in here.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It all depends where I am at.
  • Options
    SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    YES i am allowed to bring anything @ my work place.
    2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP