Options

A Decent Registry Tool for Vista

CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
Does anyone have or know of a good Registry tool for Windows Vista? I several Vista PCs that need to be checked (Blue Screens, etc).
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CCLeaner is a nice free registry cleaner. I use it a fair bit to clear up dirty PC builds etc.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Yep I'll go with CCleaner too. Works like a charm to fix some reg issues. It even gives you the option to make a back up of the reg before it does anything.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    Great! Thank You. I've been using CCleaner for a long time, and have used the Registry tool. I've never knew it might help.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I love me some CCleaner, but it's not exactly a tool designed to fix BSOD's. What type of BSOD's are you seeing?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    I love me some CCleaner, but it's not exactly a tool designed to fix BSOD's. What type of BSOD's are you seeing?

I have one of my Vista PC's has an intermittent Blue Screen. It's hard to pin point it down. All the hardware is passing diags. I have all the lastest device drivers and system updates. I have to go out there and upgrade the memory anyways (it only has 1GB). I know that blue screen can be caused by the lack of memory in Vista. I will run CCleaner while I'm there.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're getting blue screens, have you considered looking at the **** files?
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx
    Demystifying the 'Blue Screen of Death'
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.