Options

Highlighters and Scanners????

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey techies

I know yellow highlighting does not come out on a scanned documents
but does anyone know of a software program or technique to get colored highlights to come out on a document? thanksicon_rolleyes.gificon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    yellow highlights won't come out on a B&W copy/scan, but they should be visible on a full color scan.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You should also be able to see most of them in grey scale scans. This deppends on how dark the yellow is, though.
  • Options
    i was doing a map plot and made a circle of land and highlighted the land
    and used yellow marker and then scanned it in color with a brother color scanner and the red ink lines i made came out but the yellow didnt?
    I have seen it come out grey before on our work grey scanner (B&W) scanners but on color I havent seen it come out unless I used like a PDF highlighter program? I wonder if the highlighter substance has to have some kind of material in it for it to come out yellow? man I havent see ever a yellow highlight come out on even a color scanner. man I just use crap! for scanners thanks fo ryou help guys.
    -robert
  • Options
    NuwinNuwin Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kofax's VirtualReScan software can correct highlighted information to make it readable.

Kofax VRS - VirtualReScan
    "By the power of Grayskull"
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nuwin wrote: »
    Kofax's VirtualReScan software can correct highlighted information to make it readable.
    +1 for VRS. It came bundled with a Kodak document scanner we purchased and I was initially fairly skeptical about the claims but it does work.
  • Options
    thanks man! brother machines must suck. I went home and on my HP printer and scanner I canned orange, blue, green, yellow and hot pink
    and they all came out on the color scanner at my home weird...but maybe
    it has something to do with the quality of my scanners but my cheap HP cost under 100 bucks and the brother 600.00 USD I must be doing something wrong? hahaa cause on the brother you have a button (color)
    and hit that and it is suppose to pick up color and it did pick up the red pen but not the yellow marker at all? but thanks guys
    I wil look into the Kofax's VirtualReScan software. Thank you sounds good! ;)icon_thumright.gif