Options

Help!

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
I wonder how difficult it would be to postpone my exam for a day or two (at tops). I feel hopeless right now going through the Boson Practice Exam in study mode (at a snails pace) and only achieving 58/59% ...

I anticipated having one more full day to study, but my boss screwed me, on this weeks schedule.

I can subnet pretty good, it's just the part of analyzing packet flow questions and simulation questions that bog me down.

I need to call them I guess now and find out what the rescheduling policy is .... icon_rolleyes.gif
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    I believe you can re schedule your exam upto 24 hrs before you are set to take it just log in to pearsonvue or whoever you took it with. I had to do it once because of work.

What sort of study method are you using?? Are you getting lots of lab practice??
  • Options
    My test is tomorrow at noon, I called New Horizons and the gentlemen said he would give my message to someone that could tell me who to contact. He said she would give me a call later today, and it's currently going on 3PM here.

I just got screwed on my schedule, if I had a day longer to study I could take it the following morning. Just halfway through the Boson and not happy with my score, but learning from it. I read Wendells book, worked with Packet Tracer and also have a 2620, along with a 2924 I have been tinkering with to get exposure to the CLI. If I could only be blessed with a few more hours, I could feel much more comfortable!

Currently it's less than the stated 24 hours needed and I can't find any phone number on the site. However it does give me the option to cancel/reschedule on the site. I am not going to cancel it on the site, especially with the policy stated on the site.

I will need to talk to a human being to get this worked out, if at all possible.

Until then I am just going to plan on studying through the night, even it I get no sleep... I have methods of staying awake :)
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    If you're scoring a 58/59%, I highly doubt 2 days of study is going to help you. You'll only train yourself to pass the Boson exam, not really understanding the topics. Your best best is to push it back a couple days.

I used Transcender to see where I was at and didn't take the test until I could score > 85% on 3/4 preset tests.

I really think you should postpone for more than 2 days as the way you make it sound, you are not prepared to sit the exam.

*edit* Is this for ICND1, ICND 2, or composite?
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info
  • Options
    Xenz wrote: »

*edit* Is this for ICND1, ICND 2, or composite?

I'm not prepared as I should be, obviously with me stressing about it. Like I said, I got screw on this weeks schedule.

It's ICND1... They never called me back, so I'm might as well take it. I lose the exam fee either way. From what I understand I can take it again after 30 days (if I don't pass)... Anyone know / confirm that ?

Back to icon_study.gif ... It's going to be an all nighter! I'm putting on a pot of coffee now icon_exclaim.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    He said she would give me a call later today, and it's currently going on 3PM here.

Hahahaa-- that didn't happen!
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    I'm not prepared as I should be, obviously with me stressing about it. Like I said, I got screw on this weeks schedule.

It's ICND1... They never called me back, so I'm might as well take it. I lose the exam fee either way. From what I understand I can take it again after 30 days (if I don't pass)... Anyone know / confirm that ?

Back to icon_study.gif ... It's going to be an all nighter! I'm putting on a pot of coffee now icon_exclaim.gif

What I'm saying is that scoring in the high 50's on a practice exam shows you are not prepared. Whether you had the full week or not. What you're going to do is learn the Boson exam questions without understanding the theory behind the ICND1 material. Cramming the Boson software isn't going to allow you to pass the ICND1 (I don't believe so anyways).

I would honestly not retake immediately.This is your money though, but for me I would make sure I feel confident going in before throwing out another $125. I'm always nervous taking a test, but I always feel confident enough to know that if I don't freak out and go scatterbrain that I am likely to pass. Can you say this about yourself or are you needing a full week to cram?

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccna/icnd1?tab=take-your-exam

Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam. Once passed, a candidate must wait a minimum of 180 days before taking the same exam with an identical exam number.
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Well if you can't reschedule it, just sit the test and do your best! Try not to stress out or that will hurt you. Don't study too much the day of the exam either, keep your brain fresh for the test.

Also, the Boson questions tend to be harder than the real thing. So if you can hit 60% on those you may be able to pass if you get a few lucky breaks!

Good luck,

Drew
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    I wonder how difficult it would be to postpone my exam for a day or two (at tops). I feel hopeless right now going through the Boson Practice Exam in study mode (at a snails pace) and only achieving 58/59% ...

I anticipated having one more full day to study, but my boss screwed me, on this weeks schedule.

I can subnet pretty good, it's just the part of analyzing packet flow questions and simulation questions that bog me down.

I need to call them I guess now and find out what the rescheduling policy is .... icon_rolleyes.gif

I wouldnt worry too much about your test scores on the practice exams. I was scoring 70% the night before my test. Needless to say, I passed my ICND2 with 895.

I do not put much weight anymore in these practice exams. If you feel your ready then thats all that matters.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    drew2000 wrote: »
    Well if you can't reschedule it, just sit the test and do your best! Try not to stress out or that will hurt you. Don't study too much the day of the exam either, keep your brain fresh for the test.

Also, the Boson questions tend to be harder than the real thing. So if you can hit 60% on those you may be able to pass if you get a few lucky breaks!

Good luck,

Drew

human151 wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much about your test scores on the practice exams. I was scoring 70% the night before my test. Needless to say, I passed my ICND2 with 895.

I do not put much weight anymore in these practice exams. If you feel your ready then thats all that matters.

Thanks guys!

I appreciate the encouragement!

I finally finished all 161 questions in study mode, reviewing the correct answers. Yes I still stuck around the high 50's the whole way, but ended up with 59%. For what it's worth, it is the first practice test I took. So I'm going to hit it for a second round tonight before I crash, but I think it's paying off. It's not exactly the material I have been studying in the Odom book, but it's been tipping me off to the common overlooked detail of a question and the occasional "doh!" should have know questions.

One thing that I have noticed is that sometimes I just pick too many of the multiple choice answers. I think on the actual test it tells you how many to choose. On the practice test, it doesn't and I would end up adding or talking myself into selecting one too many icon_silent.gif

With all those pitfalls behind me, I'm ready to take a few minuts and look over my results, notes and then come back and do it again!

Thanks again... I might get a couple hours sleep tonight, but hell ... you only live once~! icon_study.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    4XJunkie4XJunkie Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let us know how it went.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Well man, hope you passed, if not -- look at this way -- you just got the world's most accurate practice test. I think we've all done that at least once either in certs or school.
  • Options
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! I guess that shows that the Boson questions really are harder than the actual test.... What's next for ya?
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Well Done

Now you will know what you need to do to be ready for part 2
    Kam.
  • Options
    thomAZthomAZ Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dang man congratulationsicon_cheers.gif Hopefully ICND2 goes just as well but with a little more preperation!
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    Well, originally I was thinking of getting my A+.

However for some strange reason I am stalki9ng some 2950's on ebay to continue my studies for the CCNA.

I guess I can always come back to the A+ at this point. To get out of the swing of things related to cisco... ummm, I think I better continue with the momentum, so that I don't have to reread the first book again.

I think it would be wise to continue now and get the CCNA completed. icon_study.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs: