Options

took the CISSP exam yesterday

stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Brand new to the forum.

I took the CISSP exam yesterday. My study plan included a 6 day boot camp followed by 2 weeks of solid studying. I have over 20 years experience in the biz and I don't think I passed. I have several certifications and I have never taken a test like that. I used the entire 6 hours to complete the exam, 5.5 and .5 to review. I'll let you know how bad I did when I receive my results.

Comments

• Options
    kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    That seems like par for the course, and most people who say that end up passing.

Welcome to the forums, and I look forward to congratulating you on your CISSP ;)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forum. You are not the first person on these forums to say that and still pass. Good luck with the results icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    stoked64 wrote: »
    Brand new to the forum.

I took the CISSP exam yesterday. My study plan included a 6 day boot camp followed by 2 weeks of solid studying. I have over 20 years experience in the biz and I don't think I passed. I have several certifications and I have never taken a test like that. I used the entire 6 hours to complete the exam, 5.5 and .5 to review. I'll let you know how bad I did when I receive my results.

Welcome, and good luck! Don't worry, it's fairly common for people to walk away from that exam feeling thoroughly destroyed :D
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,029 Admin
    Your after-exam reaction is perfectly normal and don't be surprised if you passed. The CISSP exam challenges InfoSec professionals in ways that they don't normally encounter, causing exam candidates to select answers based on their experience rather than on their book-learning only.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Like others said, there's a great chance that you actually passed !

Welcome to the forums ! icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Appreciate the vote of confidence but I have a bad feeling. Usually when taking these cert exams either you know the answer or you don’t. With the CISSP exam, I found myself dissecting the multiple choice answers possible ruling out one by one. It seems like I could only confidently answered around 20-30 questions real quick. I don’t want to take the exam again because it’s so darn long… I was exhausted.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Like everyone else here has said, that is the nature of the exam. I felt the same way, passed the first attempt. The questions are designed to make you feel that way. It's a hell of an exam, not one i'd like to ever take again.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    sexymomma2twosexymomma2two Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brand new to the forum.

Any news yet?
  • Options
    Nope... the waiting is the hardest part"
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Good luck. I took the test around this time last year. My results came the day before Christmas. Waiting was the hardest part.

My experience is that I studied for a solid 4 months, one week boot camp, and a good background. I was one of the few that was confident I had passed after I was done. My brain was a mushy goo for a few days after. I'm suprised I found my way home after the test.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    sexymomma2twosexymomma2two Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I heard that no one that has tested in September has gotten their results. I guess they must be back logged or something, in August there was about a 10 day turn around.
  • Options
    UPDATE:

Not sure how I did it but I passed!

Wow, what a wacky test. I have taken plenty of test in my career and I pretty much know how I did befor hitting submit/end test. Thought for sure I failed. I'm baffled.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    UPDATE:

Not sure how I did it but I passed!

Wow, what a wacky test. I have taken plenty of test in my career and I pretty much know how I did befor hitting submit/end test. Thought for sure I failed. I'm baffled.

Congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Many congrats...like many others you though you flunked it but managed to get is somehow. ENJOY IT!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We all knew you were exaggerating about how bad you did ;)

Congrats!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nice one fella congrats icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,029 Admin
    [QUOTE=stoked64;350075Thought for sure I failed. I'm baffled.[/QUOTE]
    This is a very common story with CISSP exam candidates. The exam is very diverse and difficult for people to objectively analyze when they are under stress.

And congratz! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I'm glad you finally got the GOOD news!!! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    It's a cliche now to say that you took the CISSP and was sure you failed then you and say that you passed few days later lol

Congrats !!! :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats! I'm glad to hear that the hard work has paid off.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    ddoud71ddoud71 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!

I took it back on the 26th and still waiting. I don't know which is worse, the test or the agony of waiting. C'mon tell me I failed already.
    Suck It Up and Go For It!!

Darren
  • Options
    ddoud71 wrote: »
    CONGRATS!!

I took it back on the 26th and still waiting. I don't know which is worse, the test or the agony of waiting. C'mon tell me I failed already.

It took 3 weeks for me to get my grade. The wait is bad but because I figured I failed It wasn't as bad as the test for me. I used all six hours and I was spent when I was done. Felt like I ran a marathon.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    darefugeedarefugee Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ddoud, did you get results yet? I took the exam Sep 27 in Orlando, got my PASS this week Monday.
  • Options
    AymanNadaAymanNada Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    darefugee wrote: »
    ddoud, did you get results yet? I took the exam Sep 27 in Orlando, got my PASS this week Monday.

Congratulations...

What was the Subject of the email you got from ISC2?
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats, welcome to the ranks. So when will you be official? You already have a sponsor lined up?
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    Congrats, welcome to the ranks. So when will you be official? You already have a sponsor lined up?

Sponsor is not a problem, I work with several CISSP's all offered to sponsor me. Should have all my paperwork finalized by next week.
  • Options
    darefugeedarefugee Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AymanNada wrote: »
    Congratulations...

What was the Subject of the email you got from ISC2?

Subject: (ISC)2 Information ISC2-(sequence number)

And I already did the rest too, I sent the paperwork to my sponsor Tuesday morning and he returned it by noon, and I filed it Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday I got the approval-welcome email. All set!
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274