Options

71-686 pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I printed off that MOC. I wouldnt recommend doing so...its 522 pages and it took our high speed copy machine (thats networkable) about 8 minutes to print it off in color. Thats not a bad wiat, but the stack is about 3 inches thick.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I printed off that MOC. I wouldnt recommend doing so...its 522 pages and it took our high speed copy machine (thats networkable) about 8 minutes to print it off in color. Thats not a bad wiat, but the stack is about 3 inches thick.
    Oh my, an entire ream of paper? Or did you at least use duplexing?! icon_lol.gif
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    full ream. LOL
  • Options
    wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Phew.. don't know what to think about those exams. I found both of them to be quite hard!

As someone mentioned before, there were a lot of questions on deployment (what tool to use in a scenario). I focussed really hard on this while studying but aparrantly not hard enough.. :) Also had a bunch of questions about IE8 settings, some in combination with new GPO's. I didn't even know IE8 has that much new stuff buildin. Some question on Bitlocker, Applocker, BranchCache and DirectAccess. Most were 'ok' but some went a bit deeper than I had expected.

That's it for now, can't remember much more at the moment. I think I might have just passed both exams, but don't want to get my hopes up too high.
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • Options
    mr_zzzmr_zzz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the feedback!
    Deployment will be the biggest part, I hear it in other posts too.
    Nice to know about IE8 and the new policies, some more studying tonight ... and the rest of the weekend/week, phew icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    mr_zzzmr_zzz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    littlehoopslittlehoops Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    got my exam tomorrow at 12.30. All i have done is read the moc and the ie8 pdf from above. if i get time to tonight i might look at the group policy stuff.

i have never done any windows depolyment on a big scale so it should be a fun test.

will let you know how it goes.

hoops
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello littlehoops

Good luck to your exam and don't forget to leave us some after thought of your 71-686 exam experience.

I will be doing mine on Oct 16 (the last day of this beta testing windows)

Have a good day, mate.
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck hoops!!
  • Options
    littlehoopslittlehoops Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I dont think i did too well on this. It went so deep i was so not ready for it. Mind you i only work with a few computers (75 or so). good luck to every one else.

Hoops
  • Options
    canadasmarthomecanadasmarthome Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone get their results yet?
    Paul Garlick
    Project Developer
    Canada Smart Home
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone get their results yet?

Results will not be available like Mid Dec 2009 (7-8 weeks after Oct 16, 2009, last day of beta exam period)
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)