Options

Passed ICND1

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
Folks,

This is way overdue... I'm such a late bloomer and should have taken this years ago, of course they didn't have it years ago. They had just the single exam... young, confused and didn't have the money, oh ... along with other pressing priorities at the time <family>...

So anyhow... after having my anxiety attack over the past 24 hours, It appears I was prepared enough to score an 860. I didn't even have a chance to answer the last question, because of a brain fart. I was cruising through all the questions with about 3 to go and 12 minutes remaining.

For all my selections I felt good and then I had a sim question pop up on me and didn't see the button that contained the full scenario (with instructions)... I had only read the "introduction" to the question! It basically said, "configure the router according to the diagram". Once I noticed this, it only took me a skurried minute or so, but I was then down to 2 minutes, with 2 questions... no sweat, right!

<breathessssss at the standard multiple choice question that pops up> ....

I slow down and take plenty of time, just want to make a sound selection on these last two. So I re-read, likewise with the second. So after clicking next, believing it was my final question, and was down to 12 second, I click the next button to indicate my final answer and...

I HAD ANOTHER QUESTION!... I had misinterpretted the remaining number of questions! So ...

I pannicked and didn't even get to select an answer, much less fully read the question.

oOOofficially CCENT certified icon_cheers.gif

If there is anything against the TOS, please let me know. I'm just elated and wanted to share ... now for a beer!~

Thanks techexams.net!
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Awesome. Congrats!
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass dude, no need for all the worrying :)
  • Options
    pipemajorpipemajor Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What would be the point in taking these exams if they were easy? Even the CCENT is a bit of work involved. Congrats!
  • Options
    BaaaruuuceBaaaruuuce Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

A week from tomorrow, I am scheduled to take my CCENT. Any pointers would be of help. Although, wishing the best of luck, would be of help as wellicon_wink.gif
    Excuses are not excuses, unless it's me that needs one:bow:
  • Options
    fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck! If you are using the Cisco Press material, get onto your free boson practice exam ... ASAP, it took me two days to digest the material contained in all 161 questions, but well worth it!
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great job! I know how you were stressing from your other thread. Glad to hear it all worked out for you! :) Great job on the pass!
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    Congratz! I hope to follow your footsteps and obtain a pass in 2 weeks :) This exam is really fun... Bit of a change from the M$ stuff :)
  • Options
    hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratz, I was there not long ago, going over CCENT and CCNA material over and over again (read over two years) always unsure and thinking threre has to be something I'm missing well there was ... bawls, but more time you put into CCENT easier CCNA will be, more time you put into CCNA easier ... get the point ? just keep at it
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Congrats.. Whats next up?
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads on your pass. Remember that practice test are not the end of end to know if you are ready or not. I taken some hard practice exams and some of those exams have material that was not even covered in CCENT 1 books I have read. My test is being taken Nov. and then second part in Jan.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.