Options

NOC interview next week

hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Next Tuesday I have an interview at an ISP. I worked at this company before for different departments. I feel I don't meet many of their "and" requirements but I do have a very good track record with them. I don't want to dislocate my shoulder padding myself on the back but I feel I was an excellent employee (so did they, promoting me multiple times) my problem is walking in there on Tuesday morning, I know I will act like a teenager on a first date, yet you put me in a dark room blindfolded with a cheese grader and I will learn braille in no time. How do I go in there and just be coooooool and relaxed?

Comments

• Options
    murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Confidence. You can tell from your post that you know you do a good job, and will work to do a even better job cause of new technologies to learn and the willingness to do your best. Your in that interview spot cause you think or know you can do the job. So just chill, and know "hey might not know all this stuff, but know I can do the job, and eventually do it very well."
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • Options
    hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my problem is not so much confidence as getting out off my own way, I have a gift of going off on a tangent and rambling on for no particular reason at times, during interviews my mind is racing and if I open my mouth at the wrong time weird things will come out (which I do), than I think about it try to fix it by going off on a tangent again and by this time I'm PO at my self and it's only been 5 minutes, see my point ?
  • Options
    murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I sort of have the same problem. Saying to much, and sometimes seems like the wrong things, or to damn much.

Just keep it simple. Show personality, but not to much. Keep it in check.

simple, just simple. If asked to give more input, give it.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Do as I did, practice interviewing! Ask someone who knows you well, like best friend or girlfriend, to ask you all the common "interview-questions". Google to get them.

Try to do a lil' roleplaying. Pretend it is the real interview. Focus on the questions and tell them what them want to hear (which ofc needs to be true aswell :P). Your fake interviewer should be able to tell you when you are beginning to fail.

Practice makes perfect!
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.