need help for exam prep.

nutech444nutech444 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need help with the exam prep for the 70-291.

What kind of lab setup would help me ace the test( I have no windows server experience)
Books to accomplish the above.
And a really good practice exam ( One that does not mirror the actual exam but helps me test my knowledge on the subject)

Has the exam changed in the last two years or so.

Thanks for your responses.

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nutech444 wrote: »
    I need help with the exam prep for the 70-291.

What kind of lab setup would help me ace the test( I have no windows server experience)
    Books to accomplish the above.
    And a really good practice exam ( One that does not mirror the actual exam but helps me test my knowledge on the subject)

Has the exam changed in the last two years or so.

Thanks for your responses.

Lab setup... depends what kind of kit you have available for use. I use 2 vm's as dc's to include dns/dhcp, also have a server installed on hardware as an rras server. make sure you lab up as much as you can from the mspress book. understand ip addressing. Its also an advantage if you can create a child domain.

Watch cbt nuggets... these are excellent. Dont know what certs you have, but if you have done the 290, go over wsus again and implement if you can.

Do transcender practise tests.

No idea if the exam has changed, there are references to it changing from some members of this forum, my understanding is that the questions are not as long winded as they used to be, and it also sounds like there is less on subnetting. But again, dont take this too seriously, its only what i have read.
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    I'm currently using to study:

70-291 CBT Nuggets

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure, Second Edition

Also Using Virtual Box to run the lab setup suggested by the book using bridged networking.

win2k8