Options

Switch IOS download

new2netnew2net Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey.. i went here: Download Software

and noticed that i could download IOS for my switch (but not for routers).

So you can download LAN Switch IOS without having a contract license?

I am not familiar with switch/router ios upgrade and filenames.. but it appears that there is a version for a 12 port 2950 (just got one!!) EI and comes with SDM.

Am i correct in understanding that this image is the EI and SDM will be installed along with it?

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    new2net wrote: »
    Hey.. i went here: Download Software

and noticed that i could download IOS for my switch (but not for routers).

So you can download LAN Switch IOS without having a contract license?
    Yes. Switch IOS is downloadable with a guest account. I don't know what happens exactly if you try to download something like EMI for a 3550 which requires a paid license however. They did/do say they track downloads of those versions but I'm unsure whether you can even download it on a guest account.
    new2net wrote: »
    I am not familiar with switch/router ios upgrade and filenames.. but it appears that there is a version for a 12 port 2950 (just got one!!) EI and comes with SDM.
    You can't upgrade a SI 2950 to be EI. If you want a EI 2950 then you have to buy it like that. It isn't SDM either. It is just a basic web configuration GUI which is optional. The switch works without it and the tar file is actually just the HTML files for the web GUI packaged with the actual IOS binary.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    You can't get to the downloads for the routers without a paid license. It just loops you to the same section saying you need to have a service agreement or whatever.