Options

Which one should I do first....

morpheous7411morpheous7411 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have A+, Network+, Security+ and waiting for Server+ beta results next month. At work we have a Windows 2003 Server which I have good experience with.

Long term, I am planning to study for CCNA and MCSA 2003 and eventually work in Network Administration/Engineering. Which path should I take first? I know the MCSA is three more exams since I already have A+/N+ which could be used as an elective. On the other hand the CCNA is one ot two exams depending on if you want to take a single exam or break it into two exams.

What did you guys/gals who have both the CCNA and MCSA 2003 go with first and what was your experience?

Thanks for all the useful information that you have on this site.
MCITP : Enterprise Administrator
MCITP : Server Administrator
CCNA : Cisco Certified Network Associate
ITIL V3 Foundation
CompTIA : A+, Network+, Security+, Server+

Currently working on Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP's ROUTE Exam.

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I dont have the CCNA, but it is something i will be persuing once i have the mcse out of the way, and maybe the mcitp:ea.

If i were you (and this is only my opinion) but i would get the mcsa knocked out first. The reason I say that is because you only have 3 exams to take, and you mention you have good server 2003 experience, so you might as well put that straight to good use and start with the 290 exam. Its not that bad of an exam when you read through the objectives.

Depending on your level of knowledge, you will rattle this off really quickly then you can carry on with the ccna icon_cool.gif

HTH

Edit: welcome by the way! only just realised that this is your first post :D
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Study the one you work with most. You have your whole career to get certs.