Options

Just passed 601 & 602

jcstarnjcstarn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took and passed both 601 and 602 on the first try. The 601 was much harder in my opinion than the 602. Both had questions that I hadn't seen in any of my studies or practice exams so make sure you really cover all your bases when studying.

I got a 757 on the 601 and a 854 on the 602.

I used Mike Meyers Passport and the Cram Exam as well as any relevant practice exams I found online. The practice exams helped me the most as I got to see alot of question that I didn't remember reading about in my studies. I would review the ones I got wrong on the practice exams and that helped alot.

Glad tha'ts over, time to celebrate! Good luck to all still studying.icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the forums!
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats on the pass!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    morpheous7411morpheous7411 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats ! Whats next for you?
    MCITP : Enterprise Administrator
    MCITP : Server Administrator
    CCNA : Cisco Certified Network Associate
    ITIL V3 Foundation
    CompTIA : A+, Network+, Security+, Server+

Currently working on Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP's ROUTE Exam.
  • Options
    jcstarnjcstarn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking at Network +, then Security + but not until early next year most likely. I am starting late in the game as I am 43 and until a layoff a few years ago was a Research Scientist for the past 18 years. I recently went back to school and got a BS in Computer Information Systems.

I came to a job doing basic programming then I moved to the PC Tech side and eventually plan on Networking. I much prefer the tech side over programming and am fortunate to work for a good company that allows me to learn and get any needed certifications or education as necessary (#6 best small company to work for in the nation...woot!).

I love the job even though the pay is a big drop from my Research Science days, but fortunately I am able to bear the pay cut thanks to my husband's job. I sometimes feel ovewhelmed starting as such a noob in a new field at my age and being a female surrounded by young techie guys but I am a gamer and true geek so I enjoy what I do now more than the Research work.

The A+ cert is just a stepping stone to bigger and better things for me.icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your passes and good luck on the next certs
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! May you also have success in your future certifications :D
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com