Options

CCIE written

2»

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    geek0101 wrote: »
    Turgon,

Any advice in getting practice material for the R&S written. I've got CCIE R&S third edition by Odom/ciscopress. It's got the boson and question; however, finding practice questions is almost impossible. If I ask some people, they want to give me "**** advice", and that is no good.

This is my first post on this site and I'm impressed by the good in it.

Congradulations!!!

geek0101
    :0)

I used the practice questions that come with the Odom book. I also invested in the Boson test for R&S. Spend a tremendous amount of time with those and read the Odom book properly and you should be fine. Take the test when you have put plenty of work in so that if you fail it you can brush up on what came up and pass the next time. That worked for me.
  • Options
    geek0101geek0101 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the direction!

Your great, wonderful, awesome...!

:0)
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    I used the practice questions that come with the Odom book. I also invested in the Boson test for R&S. Spend a tremendous amount of time with those and read the Odom book properly and you should be fine. Take the test when you have put plenty of work in so that if you fail it you can brush up on what came up and pass the next time. That worked for me.
    Hi there again!

I'm online and getting ready to buy the v4 odom book and the boson test. But I wanted to double check on which test you were speaking of? The "Cisco CCIE Routing & Switching 350-001 v4.0 Practice Exam" which is also titled "ExSim-Max for Cisco 350-001 v4.0" for the 350-001 :: Cisco CCIE Routing & Switching Written Pre-Qualification? Lengthy huh? I think this is the one.

Thank you, again!
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Turgon's offline for a while I believe.

Written exam info. (and yes you are correct)
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching/written_exam?tab=1

Here's a great central resource for the whole thing.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching

If you already have a CCO account you can link it to the learning center, if not just create a new account and you should be good to go.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Ahriakin wrote: »

Is he in a CCIE isolation chamber?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GT-Rob wrote: »

Hopefully it is nothing like the dome of silence from Get Smart.

MIT-patent-Get-Smarth-Cone-of-Silence-thumb-550x419-17927.jpg
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    GT-Rob wrote: »

He's in the CCIE-cave, his only contact with the outside world being his faithful butler, Alfred.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Hopefully it is nothing like the dome of silence from Get Smart.

MIT-patent-Get-Smarth-Cone-of-Silence-thumb-550x419-17927.jpg

Dammit, I was thinking of that before posting my Batman-joke, but I couldn't find a good picture. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Ahriakin wrote: »

Written exam info. (and yes you are correct)
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching/written_exam?tab=1

Here's a great central resource for the whole thing.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching

If you already have a CCO account you can link it to the learning center, if not just create a new account and you should be good to go.
    Hello,

Thank you for your help!!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Dammit, I was thinking of that before posting my Batman-joke, but I couldn't find a good picture. icon_lol.gif

V for the win icon_cheers.gif