Options

Simulation on CCENT

BaaaruuuceBaaaruuuce Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
This may be a worn out question, but how many simulation ?'s (on avg) is there on the CCENT. I have had many ppl tell me that they take a really long long time to complete. The only thing that worries me is the time limit. I have subnetting down, however I am not as quick at it as most. I'm guilty as charged, cause at work we use a subnett calculator.

I know that this test will be more difficult then the Network+. I feel that I have put a good lil bit of time in on studying the material. So as of right now, the Sims are my only worry.

I take the test on the 24th of this month. I will have a few drinks, if I pass, and a lot of drinks, if I fail!

Wish me luck.icon_cheers.gif
Excuses are not excuses, unless it's me that needs one:bow:

Comments

• Options
    NeekoNeeko Member Posts: 170
    I don't think anyone is permitted to say due to regulations, not that I can even remember what was on mine.

If you have studied and prepared well then you will have plenty of time. I finished the CCENT exam in very good time so don't worry too much its not so bad once you're in there icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    Baaaruuuce wrote: »

I know that this test will be more difficult then the Network+. I feel that I have put a good lil bit of time in on studying the material. So as of right now, the Sims are my only worry.

I take the test on the 24th of this month. I will have a few drinks, if I pass, and a lot of drinks, if I fail!

Wish me luck.icon_cheers.gif

Work on your subnetting, if you can't do it fast it may be hard to complete in time. I didn't find the test that difficult, but the time pressure made it hard. I finished it with a few minutes left and I was pretty fair at subnetting. It's hard to think with that clock running. icon_smile.gif Good Luck !!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement and Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy prevents anyone from telling you the number of SIMs they had on the exam.

You shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for a SIM. The SIMs are pretty basic and easy if you've studied and prepared properly for the exam.

My first SIM on my first Cisco exam (the 640-801 CCNA) took me 4 minutes. 1 minute to read the question, play around in the SIM interface and figure out how to scroll the task window and look at the diagram. 1 minute to enter the commands, verify my solution, verify it again, and go back and read the problem again to make sure I solved the correct problem. I then spent the next 2 minutes wondering if that was all there was and looking for anything I may have missed. I finally hit the next button to see if there was more to the SIM or if it would take me to another question.

You can check out the Cisco Exam Tutorial on the Cisco Website. This is the same tutorial you get to go through before the exam. It should give you an idea about the types of questions you may see on the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!