Vista gets its own forum, maybe it's time for a Windows 7 area

PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
icon_idea.gificon_profileleft.gif
:study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I agree. There is also very little respect given to 2008.
  • gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree and it will be nice to have a separate area to talk about certifications for Win7 like
    70-680, 71-685, 71-686
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to toss my hat in the ring and agree with the notion that the individual MCITP: Server/Enterprise Admin exams should have their own threads, the way the MCSA/MCSE exams do. I think it's been long enough now that it's not just people upgrading from MCSE to MCITP that people will need to talk about the exams individually, (and decide which of them will inherit the title "The Beast". icon_lol.gif)

As for the Windows 7 exams, I agree that they could use their own threads since the 71-680 exam was a huge hit and the OS, itself, has been very popular, but we should probably wait until Windows 7 has officially launched, at least. Then again, the final decision rests with Webmaster, so we'll have to appeal to his good nature (read "bribe him") to make those changes. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • germanicusgermanicus Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gomcse2002 wrote: »
    Agree and it will be nice to have a separate area to talk about certifications for Win7 like
    70-680, 71-685, 71-686

/agree

It would be a good change.
    MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring.................................PASSED
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7.................PASSED
    ITIL® V3 Foundations...........................................PASSED

Microsoft Operations Framework Foundation V4
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
    PRINCE2 ?
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I agree that it would be nice to have server 2k8 forums. Of course that's probably because I'm studying for the 70-640 atm. =D
  • excalibur1814excalibur1814 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep, Windows 7 should be included asap
    Mooooo
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    I agree that it would be nice to have server 2k8 forums. Of course that's probably because I'm studying for the 70-640 atm. =D
    I am as well, after finishing the 70-642 already.. but imo, the 2008 forum is fine, I don't think it needs a separate forum for each exam. I find that having it all in one place works well, you get the bulk of ppl discussing the three MCTS certs, and then the rest made up with a discussion around the MCITP or the upgrade exams, and in just one forum, I can read evreything I want to about Server2008.

Windows 7 seems to be orphaned however.. there are some posts in the Vista section and most in the 2008 section, where there's even a resource sticky.. There's 4 W7 exams so far, 3 deserving of their own study resources, already out with the upgrade 682 coming. It doesn't need to be a huge forum, but again imo it could use it's own sub-forum to keep things tidy
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just added a Windows 7 exams forum. I'm in the process of moving Windows 7 topics to it. Currently a single forum, but I'll split it up sooner or later depending on the nr of posts in it. I'll reorganize the other Microsoft forums (2003/200icon_cool.gif this weekend or early next week as well.

Johan
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you Johan!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Webmaster wrote: »
    I just added a Windows 7 exams forum. I'm in the process of moving Windows 7 topics to it. Currently a single forum, but I'll split it up sooner or later depending on the nr of posts in it. I'll reorganize the other Microsoft forums (2003/200icon_cool.gif this weekend or early next week as well.

Johan

Sweet! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • germanicusgermanicus Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! :D
    MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring.................................PASSED
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7.................PASSED
    ITIL® V3 Foundations...........................................PASSED

Microsoft Operations Framework Foundation V4
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
    PRINCE2 ?
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□