Options

Mondays

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ugh.

Who else has the normal 8 - 5 mon-friday job?

I am so sleepy!

Just a Monday morning mini rant!

I need a coffee, or a coke.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    sagewalkintheresagewalkinthere Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ugh.

I am so sleepy!

I know what you mean...

I'll be fine Friday/Saturday, falling asleep in Church on Sunday, and then still tired on Monday... Bleh.
    A.A.S. Multimedia Web Design, MCTS 70-623, MCTS 83-640, MCP 70-270, A+
    http://jasonereid.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Be sure to eat plenty of wholegrains for breakfast. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know what you mean...

I'll be fine Friday/Saturday, falling asleep in Church on Sunday, and then still tired on Monday... Bleh.

icon_neutral.gif Yeah, it's Monday. My eyes are barely awake, and it's raining outside. Yup, bad combination...
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have an 8 hour work day, but it's more like 10 hours. <_<
    Goes 3AM-2PM.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    KGhaleon wrote: »
    I have an 8 hour work day, but it's more like 10 hours. <_<
    Goes 3AM-2PM.

Geez, where do you work?
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    7-3 is my usual work day. Mondays just draggg on. I'm working a 10 hour shift this week so I can have Friday off. It's going to be a long day.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    I don't think I'm gonna leave my office today! hahaha.

I love VNC!!
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mondays are fine for me. I'm not any more tired on Monday mornings vs. any other morning, usually fine shortly after I'm out of the shower. I never used to be this way before my son was born though. And I never considered sleeping until 8AM to be "sleeping in" before then either :D
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Monday morning meetings!!! Yippie!!

I usually go to bed around 1 AM and get up at 8 AM. My work hours are 10AM to 7PM.

Beakfast is a protein shake with vitamins. Then if I feel like it, some coffee.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Depends really. I had a long week last week, normal M-W were 8-5, Thursday was 8-7pm, Friday was 8-5pm then back from 11PM to 10:30am on Saturday then back on Sunday from 12-3:30PM. Back at work from 8am - 5pm (hopefully)

Doing pretty good actually. Made sure to have a good breakfast and a coffee. ;)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I worked 8-6 last week, then 22 hours Sat and Sun, and back at it again this morning. I am exhausted.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    830-5pm here. Got good news and bad news here.

Good news is boss is gone all week at conferences (extra study time for me).

Bad news? NO A/C! Went down early this am, and the bldg manager never bothered to call when they noticed it. So everyone is sweating a lot. Supposedly someone will be here this afternoon.

Good thing I have extra water bottles today.
  • Options
    Bokeh wrote: »

Bad news? NO A/C!

Bloody hell... I should count myself lucky!

It's blazin' here in Arkansas today!

Got my A/C set on a cooooool 70. Sorry to boast!
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm off in the day time. I work 12hr shifts over night. My Friday is Tuesday night. Sleep some parts of the day.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A/C finally back on. Bad sensor unit on another floor caused it to go out. Its down to high 70s now. Glad the servers survived.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ugh.

I am so sleepy!

8-5 isn't bad. have a coke!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    8-4:30 here. Mondays arent usually worse than any other day but there are some days that I just don't want to get out of bed. There is never any rhyme or reason to which day, it just strikes sometimes.

I havn't had to stay after for a project in a while, but im sure it will come up soon. :-/
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i work 4-10 usually, but since this school just opened, i'm working 11am-7pm
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had a pretty chaotic monday as usual. Got in at 5am and did my usual walk through production making sure the 200 thin clients we have are up and running.

During this time I get an emergency call about auditors coming this morning and a bunch of people lost their network access. I rush over and find all the ip phones dead...switch issue or something.

Then I have to go troubleshoot why some engineers are having a hard time getting one of their apps to work properly(patran). I found they were trying to run it from a network location and it was running horribly slow...had to install it locally. Got calls about ip phones not working all morning until networking got them back up. X_x

Got another call asking that I hurry and setup 6 managers with blackberries by the end of the day...but it takes around an hour to set each up, so I had to multitask to get them done quickly.

Arranged appointments tomorrow morning with all the people who were pissed that I didn't have time to come see them today. :D

Ugh, mondays. I have a headache.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I work 12 hour days, 3 days on 3 days off not bad at all, some weeks are better than others depending on the schedule
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My hours are 9-5 but I also do consulting so I end up working an additional 15-20 hours during the week(end) for that. I'm thankful that I can do most of my work remotely.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I work 0730 to 1600 daily. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to do over-time or weekend shifts. :/
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Be sure to eat plenty of wholegrains for breakfast. icon_smile.gif

And use Mt Dew instead of milk.

8-5 here. Just get on a sleep schedule and stick to it. No big deal.
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays"?
    Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Gotta love Lawrence
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face