Cbt nuggets CCSA?

JoeysmamaJoeysmama Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I am new to Check Point, and have been wanting to get my CCSA...I noticed cbt nuggets just released a new CCSA series, and I was wondering if anyone has purchased it or is planning on purchasing it? I watched the sample video, and it looks great, but I wanted some other opinions before I actually make the purchase! Thanks!

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Joeysmama wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am new to Check Point, and have been wanting to get my CCSA...I noticed cbt nuggets just released a new CCSA series, and I was wondering if anyone has purchased it or is planning on purchasing it? I watched the sample video, and it looks great, but I wanted some other opinions before I actually make the purchase! Thanks!

I have considered it. If you go for you CCSA we could start a study group. I have some certs I need to take care of first but I know I want to get this one done in the not to distant future.

Have you downloaded splat yet? I was told in a checkpoint users group forum that the best way to get good at cp is to install it on 2 machines: 1 as a firewall and 1 as a management console. I think I will be using virtual box to this end (gotta save power ya know icon_wink.gif). I will be purchasing the sygress checkpoint book. the CBt's look interesting.

Why do you want to go for it ? I just got a new job and to go to level 2 you must have a ccsa among other things. I also think it will help my resume. Are you in a like situation.
  • JoeysmamaJoeysmama Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I decided to buy it today from CBTNuggets and I must say the step by step instructions really helped drive some points home on the first few videos so far. I will let you know how the rest of my studies go. So far Im happy with my purchase.icon_cheers.gif
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well I decided to buy it today from CBTNuggets and I must say the step by step instructions really helped drive some points home on the first few videos so far. I will let you know how the rest of my studies go. So far Im happy with my purchase.icon_cheers.gif

Awesome. Let me know how that works out for you. I may purchase them later this year.
  • BobMeadBobMead Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□

Thank You for supporting something I put all of my free time into.
    Press RETURN to get started

:roll:
  • pillard10pillard10 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Heh Joey, could you give further more feedbacks?

I am just wondering whether this is truly enough to succeed at the exam...
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Hey look at that, we have the author of the videos on here!

I am currently trying to get my employer to buy them for me to compliment related CCSA/CCSE training I am going on next month. Hopefully they come through, as its a small cost compared to the training and at least I have this as reference forever.
  • JoeysmamaJoeysmama Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone, I am sorry I haven't been back, I have been very busy studying! My CCSA exam is scheduled for 2 weeks from now, and I am almost done with the cbt nuggets video series. I have learned so much and am confident that I will ace my exam. I took a practice exam, and did very well. I am so glad that I bought the CCSA cbt nuggets! icon_cheers.gificon_study.gificon_thumright.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Joey,

which CCSA are you studying? The R70? what are you using apart from CBT nuggets? any books or purely from the documentation?

Cheers
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking