Options

head in hands

laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
well i was sat on my heels with my head in hands rocking away like a madman last night!!

I've got less than 4 weeks till i take the exam and have to say im REALLY not ready for it or at least it feels that way.
For once I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew.
My study technique has been poor in comparison ot other areas I've studied but I think thats because its ALL theory or least it feels like that to me. I've always been a hands on kinda guy and used the practical side of things to backup\confirm the theory where I can.

I've worked through the AIO and CBT's and various other documents I've used for cross reference, but still dont feel like its sinking in.

My plan for the next 3 weeks is to go through as many practice questions and revise my study notes as I go, but I dont feel positive about any of it :-/

Guess last night was tough cos I ruined my dinner too and had to let swmbo take over lol (Trust me if you knew how she cooked you'd understand how bad state of mind i was in)

Can I say I HATE cissp lol ok maybe not quite but I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

oh well I'll keep plugging away and hopefully my mind will start to retain some of it.

Soirry guys just wanted to let off some steam....
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take a couple days off and do nothing. It sounds like you're burning out and trying to cram more in won't help you atm.

I'm mainly using the AIO and i'm taking 5 points i think summarize each chapter and memorize them as best i can. I review them once a week and study other stuff the rest of the time. In my last two week i plan to do nothing but review questions and practise exams.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Four weeks is a relatively long time. As mentioned, don't burn out and keep working towards your goal, slowly but surely. I'm sure you'll be more optimistic after each passing week. Good luck!
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Last Minute anxiety.... you will do fine!! Keep your head up.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    chees guys pretty much what i needed, a weekend away from the books and lots of R n R

my footy team won there game on sat which puts us top of the division and i won the lottery (first tiem ive played in years!) ok not a big win, but enough to pay for the beer for sat night icon_smile.gif

back to the books\revision today and feeling better about it now lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)