Options

CISSP background check?

c-loc-lo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just a quick question for you guys. I am considering pursuing the CISSP cert, but have a question first. What does the background check consist of? If a person had a misdemeanor arrest 20 years ago would that stop them from passing this check?
I don't want to start the gruelling process if I would only end up being turned down for the cert or a job afterwards. Thanks for the info.

C-Lo

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd contact them. That doesn't seem to be a big deal from my perspective. However, I have heard of people failing the background check.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    I had the same concerns and did call them bascially unless its computer related you should be ok.
    Give them a quick call took me all of about 5mins to get an answer icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From what I hear, they don't really "audit your life", unless you are a CISSP candidate that is randomly chosen for an ISC2/CISSP audit(if you are one of the "lucky ones" to be chosen for that)...........

any validity to this?

I hear you sign consent forms, and wavers which allow them access to your banking information, and other details that are comparable to government back ground checks.
    Next up: OSCP
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The (ISC)2 wants to verify your work experience, not your legal or financial background. The CISSP is a professional IT certification, not a security clearance. The (ISC)2 finds it important that you meet the experience qualifications to maintain the integrity of the CISSP certification and the membership of the (ISC)2.