Options

Passed - 850/900

antispamantispam Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anything above a 750 is all fluff, right. This cert is a requirement for a contract that I'm on; therefore, my company sent me to New Horizon for Security+ training, $1400. They can afford it, they want to be a billion dollar company. The training was a kick in the rump that's about all. I purchased Sybex Deluxe book to expand on what the New Horizon book lacked. I used the study material off this site to cram the night before. I purchased MeasureUp exam questions which really enforced the reading. The questions on this site were pretty good too. I got boo koo experience in networking and administration so that helped. I studied for couple weeks, sat for the exam. If you study plus some experience expect to get above 750. Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats. You're right. Networking experience really goes a long way for this exam. Of course, boo koo networking experience plus a week dedicated to nothing but Security+ is even better.

Either way, I bet your company is probably happy that they have another Security+ certified tech.

Darril Gibson
    www.sy0-201.com
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Tip of the Day
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    antispam wrote: »
    Anything above a 750 is all fluff, right. This cert is a requirement for a contract that I'm on; therefore, my company sent me to New Horizon for Security+ training, $1400. They can afford it, they want to be a billion dollar company. The training was a kick in the rump that's about all. I purchased Sybex Deluxe book to expand on what the New Horizon book lacked. I used the study material off this site to cram the night before. I purchased MeasureUp exam questions which really enforced the reading. The questions on this site were pretty good too. I got boo koo experience in networking and administration so that helped. I studied for couple weeks, sat for the exam. If you study plus some experience expect to get above 750. Good luck!

boo koo. :) Are you Vietnamese?

Congratulations on the pass. Great score! I used the same book with the CBT Nuggets video series. New Horizons tried to get me to purchase their package deal, and I politely shut them down. I'm a self-study individual. I doubt they would like it if I were drinking redbulls and vodka in class, which is my drink of choice to study. There is a fine line though, between studying and partying.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Options
    bgrablin wrote: »
    boo koo. :) Are you Vietnamese?

Actually boo koo is slang for beaucoup which is French. I can't say I ever tried "redbulls and vodka". I had a glass of wine and pizza the other night. Lost the motivation to finish studying. You're right about the fine line.
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    antispam wrote: »
    Actually boo koo is slang for beaucoup which is French. I can't say I ever tried "redbulls and vodka". I had a glass of wine and pizza the other night. Lost the motivation to finish studying. You're right about the fine line.

Well I speak neither French or Vietnamese. If a glass of wine and pizza put you over the edge then you should stay the hell away from red bull and vodka. I call it my motivation drink. I'm using it now to write a 10 page paper on advancements in airline navigation.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Options
    Red Bull and Vodka, writing a paper makes for an interesting read...Pulitzer Prize.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing. Good luck on the next cert!